Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodderz
    • Oct 2010

I'm getting Fork Slugs.

I want 4over forks on my bike, here's how I got to slugs.

Went to the local Harley dealer (where I know the parts guy) to order some fork tubes. Got all the zodiac etc catalogues out, quick blast on the computer, all Currently out of stock/unavailable.

Ok, took a trip up to a decades old custom shop, seems fork tubes are in short supply in the UK, possibly Europe. Chatting to the guy he says if I only wanna go 4up he could machine me some slugs, but would need me to bring the forks to so he can machine to fit. He said they used to have a reputation for being crap, because people would just knock up any old shit that didn't fit correctly. Seems legit, all good.

Then a quick chopcult/google search for 'motorcycle fork slugs' returned pretty much the same results as if you'd googled DNA springer failure, 'instant death upon first ride' and 'worst idea ever'. Thinking about it you never see them used or for sale.

My question is.....how quickly am I going to die?
  • Arsenal
    • Apr 2013

Just get pictures first and always be recording. Unprotected sex could kill you too. Is that gonna stop you from raw dogging sluts in an alley? Of course not!

Comment

• govmule84
      • Oct 2011

Threads weaken what is already thin metal, and then you're moving that thin metal from a very supported area to an unsupported area.

You answered your own question.

Comment

• Sky
        • Aug 2009

Like your machinist friend, I think slugs can be made in a safe/strong way. But maybe you could set up for making full length tubes instead.
        You could be the european Forking by Frank. Like arsenal said that niche needs to be filled!

Comment

• andri
          • Mar 2012

Have you looked if W&W have the 4 over tubes in stock?

Comment

• Rodderz
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by andri
            Have you looked if W&W have the 4 over tubes in stock?

http://www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjec...on?page=!41131
            Yeah out of stock, cheers anyways

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;