Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • revmike
    • Nov 2009

cake pan heads

My old lady tries hard, and she rides her own bike, so she isn't all bad. She even lets me drink beer and ride. Well I assume she would, any way. One day, a couple years ago, we were talking about bikes and she asked me why they called it a 'shovelhead'? So I explained. And then, panhead because the covers look like cake pans. So the other day we were looking at chopper pictures and she said, "that one is just classic, I'm going to get one of those. What are they, again? Cake pan head engines? "

So there you have it. Don't be surprised when that catches on and we're all riding Cake Pan Head choppers.
    Last edited by revmike; 06-11-2014, 9:31 PM. Reason: cuz
  • surfbum
    • Aug 2011

this makes me want cake

Comment

• Knuckleduster
      • Mar 2024

"MMMMMMMMMMMM CAKE!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Ramzilla
        • Oct 2013

Hell she can probably identify them better than most guys. I've had guys call my ironhead a shovel, knuckle and even a pan before. Never a cake pan though.

Comment

• Dietrich66
          • Mar 2014

Yeah, sounds like she gets the idea more than many guys I've heard talking about engines.

(My ex thought that Sonny Bono was the singer from U2.)

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Mar 2024

Someone say cake?

Comment

• Braaap
              • May 2013

Comment

• Davestune
                • May 2014

im fucking blind

Comment

• JonMcd
                  • Jul 2013

I actually had a guy walk up to my cb750 chop one time and say, "whoa man is that a pan head?" I said yes, I'll take 6k for it. That's a steal on an original rigid panhead four cyl.

Comment

• CRFyou
                    • Mar 2010

My neighbor (that rides a road glide) thought my panhead was a Triumph.

When I explained that it's an official HD, he said, "Oh, but you have a triumph sticker on your truck??"

Don't even know where to begin on mixing those 2 up. Especially when you have a Harley...

Comment

• Ato
                      • Oct 2010

A few weeks ago I had a dude at the lumber yard ask me if my Triumph was one of them knuckleheads. After a few minutes of explaining, I realized I should have just said yes.

Comment

• CRFyou
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ato
                        A few weeks ago I had a dude at the lumber yard ask me if my Triumph was one of them knuckleheads. After a few minutes of explaining, I realized I should have just said yes.
                        I've found it much easier to just agree with people. Explaining why they're wrong is a huge hassle and I don't take pleasure in it like I used to. Now it's just annoying.

Except for the dude that told me my '50 Ford was a '51. He said, "I used to work on these. It's definitely a '51."

To which I replied, "Dude. Look at the grille and dash. Plus my cowl number lets me know it was made in Richmond, CA in 1950."

He still wouldn't concede the battlefield.

Comment

• sixtysohtree
                          • Apr 2012

You should bake her a birthday cake in a pan valve cover.

Comment

• Tacitus
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ato
                            That is exactly my strategy, just agree when responding to ignorance on the subject of my bikes from those who don't have a genuine interest and instead just wan't to chat and seem cool or be accepted. I use to answer with pertinent information. I now realize that it is all wasted energy. The moment they walk away the mental monkey chatter that constantly loops in the brains of sheeple just starts up again and they forget everything about my motorcycle dissertation anyway.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...