Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ogbobber
    • Sep 2009

"Digger" style bikes

Looking for some good examples of digger bikes. I've found a few but would like to see more. Thanks, Bruce.
  • dannyb
    • Aug 2009

is there a shop out there that makes digger style frames from the cb750 or xs650 frames? Old ones pop up once in awhile, but they always require more fab work than i am able to do. A new "old" style digger frame would be a great way to get started.

Comment

• number1son
      • Mar 2010

wait about 3 to six months and you'll probably see a shit load at ever bike show and in every magazine thanks to kutty and dwayne's sweet diggers.I assume you have seen the plumb smuggler and pink taco.

Comment

• carl609
        • Jan 2010

Those are the ones that were in Street Chopper a while back right? Those are bad ass.

Comment

• billdozer
          • Apr 2024

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

Comment

• ridemore16
            • Oct 2009

Kutty and Dwayne's bikes blow my mind. I love digger style bikes and am thinking that's going to be the style of my next build attempt!

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
              • Aug 2009

^^^^^ finally got to see those two bikes in person at the hoedown. so rad.

Comment

• philbey
                • Aug 2009

is there any story behind Diggers? I know SFA about them other than looking the plum smuggler/pink taco? As far as I knew they're supposedly based on 70's drag bikes, but that could be total shite?

Comment

• Allen
                  • Apr 2024

Comment

• dannyb
                    • Aug 2009

I'm thinking more along the lines of Duanes "Frankenstien" (i think). The white and green cb750 chopper. Not quite as low as the plum smuggler and pinc taco.

Comment

• Blackjack
                      • Mar 2010

You could always ask Tommy...

Comment

• chief
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by philbey
                        is there any story behind Diggers? I know SFA about them other than looking the plum smuggler/pink taco? As far as I knew they're supposedly based on 70's drag bikes, but that could be total shite?
                        the way i like to tell the story behind diggers is as follow;
                        somewhere in the 70's Arlen Ness had a fun day with some friends at the drag track.

they smoked some weeds and had fun times. Arlen saw the drag racing sporty's and in his smoked up mind he had an idea.
                        take a sporty, chop the backbone lengthen it just like a drag bike and make an awesome bling bling bike that would attract more customers for his little shop.
                        engrave the shit out of the parts, give it a far out paint job and give it a lot of gold..

just like in this time and age the fat tire bikes were the big thing, back than Ness started the digger fun..
                        offcourse he made a lot of money of this idea, and made all the parts needed to make your own digger for from sporty's and even japs.

(nice detail: they used the wrong picture for the ad, a hard head has a more horizontal backbone..)

and a real digger is a strutted swingarm. (or with spring struts)

and the best of all..
                        MINE!

Comment

• REV
                          • Aug 2009

im thinking of turning my lil efi harley into one of those ones where you hide the gas tank. im thinking the fuel pump will let me maybe put the gas tank under the seat.

Comment

• battleborn
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by chief
                            and the best of all..
                            MINE!

That is a damn fine-looking machine!

Comment

• Allen
                              • Apr 2024

That right there, is the "shit."

Sportsters RULE.