CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default round swingarm swap for 74 fx

OK, I have looked everywhere that i can and cannot figure out where to get the custom spacer i need to run a disc on my round swing arm to make the axel sit center in the axel slot on the one side. some one said fab kevin in an old post and I cant find anything on his site, and someone else said paugcho but one again I cant seem to find it. please help me, between buying a new axel new shock studs and getting jerked around on the same things and being told I bought pre 72 stuff only to find out it was the same stuff I already have and buying new shocks and apparently the wrong size covers I have dumped around 450 bucks into this and still dongt have it on my bike. about to loose my mind. lol. Please help me if you have done this swap.

Get Adobe Flash player

fab kevin sells axle locators. These will work on your swing arm swap if you are using your 3/4" original axle from you fx. J&P cycles sells something similiar.

Also go to shovelhead.us form. They have dozens of threads on this swap.

http://www.fabkevin.com/shop/frame-group/axle-locators/

Youll prob need to modify these a little bit (cut them shorter) http://www.jpcycles.com/product/2200175

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Youll prob need to modify these a little bit (cut them shorter) http://www.jpcycles.com/product/2200175
    These are what I used on my 73fxe. Just had someone machine them to what I needed. Also running disc setup from softail.

Get Adobe Flash player

The jp cycles spacers look like the most economical choice. Gvermin are you using both or one? Are you using it as the chain tension spacer the bolts push against too? Thanks for the replys

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hooligano7 View Post
    The jp cycles spacers look like the most economical choice. Gvermin are you using both or one? Are you using it as the chain tension spacer the bolts push against too? Thanks for the replys
    I'm using my 73 axle so you have to use both sides, I didn't have to cut chain side one, only had to shorten brake side. Yes, tension bolts will push against the jp axle spacers.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ok thanks, im running the original style for 67-72. So I only need oneside and will just cut it with a bandsaw. I was actually thinking about making one out of a regular spacer. But for 15 bicks I can handle that price.

Share This