Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobbster
    • Jan 2013

odd oil leak

So I have an oil leak where the drain hose connects to the frame to plug it. I have replaced the hose with no luck. It is still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  • hillakilla
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bobbster
    So I have an oil leak where the drain hose connects to the frame to plug it. I have replaced the hose with no luck. It is still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    check the nipple the hose goes on to for any nicks or roughness that might be allowing oil to pass? smooth it out if you find anything... new hoseclamp maybe... or just find some other plug to put in and hoseclamp that, leaving the hose hanging?

Comment

• motoxjosh29
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bobbster
      im currently fixing an issue on my 88 sporty where i thought the drain hose was leaking too...after removing the oil tank, i noticed that the bracket holding the battery tray was breaking off and the P.O. must have tried to JB Weld it together... im making a beefier bracket and welding up the spots.

Last edited by motoxjosh29; 05-21-2014, 7:08 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;