CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: odd oil leak

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default odd oil leak

So I have an oil leak where the drain hose connects to the frame to plug it. I have replaced the hose with no luck. It is still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbster View Post
    So I have an oil leak where the drain hose connects to the frame to plug it. I have replaced the hose with no luck. It is still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    check the nipple the hose goes on to for any nicks or roughness that might be allowing oil to pass? smooth it out if you find anything... new hoseclamp maybe... or just find some other plug to put in and hoseclamp that, leaving the hose hanging?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbster View Post
    im currently fixing an issue on my 88 sporty where i thought the drain hose was leaking too...after removing the oil tank, i noticed that the bracket holding the battery tray was breaking off and the P.O. must have tried to JB Weld it together... im making a beefier bracket and welding up the spots.

Last edited by motoxjosh29; 05-21-2014 at 7:08 AM.

Share This