CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1998 dyna evo hop ups

Well i have a few questions i have a 98 evo dyna and i want more power.. I came from the sport bike world and i just want more get up and go from 30 to 90mph and i want to be able to "run with" my sport bike guys just run with them not out run them.. currently i don't stand a chance in hell

I read with new heads a cam and ignition i can be at around 90HP is that a street able 90HP? (i already have an S&S carb on it)

i am looking for the cheapest most reliable way to hit about 90HP i just want some get up and go

Also i see sporty guys do that breather head mod all of the time, can i do that same thing with my evo?

Get Adobe Flash player

This topic has been covered numerous times. Do some searching.
    Squeezing 90 HP out of an evo takes some $$$
    Cam it.
    10:1 compression
    Hi flow cylinder heads
    Daytona Twin Tec single fire ignition
    switch to Mikuni HSR45mm
    STROKE IT!
    change to a smaller engine sprocket for wicked fast acceleration ( but higher rpm's on the highway)

Get Adobe Flash player

sell it and get a Sportster, put a 1250 kit on the sportster , with thunderstorm heads, 2 into 1 pipe, hot cam, hot ignition and Mikuni carb. you can hit 100hp and do it with a lighter bike. Probably get 6000 for your Dyna , pick up a Sportster for about 2800 and spend the rest on the above parts. BAM

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    sell it and get a Sportster, put a 1250 kit on the sportster , with thunderstorm heads, 2 into 1 pipe, hot cam, hot ignition and Mikuni carb. you can hit 100hp and do it with a lighter bike. Probably get 6000 for your Dyna , pick up a Sportster for about 2800 and spend the rest on the above parts. BAM
    i am 6'5 and before i was locked up i was 289lbs.. i am 245 now but i have a feeling the weight will be comming back haha... My ex was 5'2 and 98lbs and the sporty just chugged with both of us on it.. The dyna was great with me and another person on it.. hell i gave my buddy a ride just because he was never on a bike and that fucking dyna pulled like a freight train. I love it for my long haul bike.. i want to put some bags on it.. and i wanted to do some basic hop ups and not go all out

I have a 75 iron head and a 94 883 sporty sitting in my garage that both need a little work (ive got problems haha) i wanted to hop up the dyna a little bit and go all out on one of the sporties.. just make it a fire breathing monster that i tear around on and get into more trouble..

so any must do mods to the dyna for a little more power will be great.. i guess 90 is shooting the moon but i just want enough to get up and boogie

Get Adobe Flash player

Simple hop up stuff doesn't have to be too expensive.
    Upgrade the cam to an EV27 or similar grind from your favorite cam company.
    Increase the compression by shaving the heads 0.05". Some guys go as much as 0.1" but do run into detonation issues.
    While the heads are off do some cleaning and a valve job. Don't have to do "headwork" per se but taking the sharp lip off the back of the valve seat makes them flow better.
    Or get a set of 10:1 compression pistons, (3-1/2" stock bore).
    Ignition. lot's of opinions on those but swapping out the stock module for a dyna 2000 dual fire unit will help and add some tunability. I've had great results with the Screamin' Eagle race units. Or go single fire with a Crane HI-4 or Dyna 2Ki.
    2-1 "performance" exhaust.
    Consider a 3-5/8" big bore kit.
    Consider cracking open the cases and dropping in a stroker crank, (lots more $$$).
    High performance heads or headwork.
    Consider shaving weight off the bike too. Remove anything unnecessary.
    Go on a diet and keep the weight off.
    You can scour the web and the nightrider site for all kinds of power combinations too.
    Last edited by punkrod; 05-16-2014 at 4:16 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Also the problem i have with teh sporty is that i want to do a hard tail

as i said before i am a big big guy and i dont know how a 100HP hardtail sportster is going to treat my body.. it would fucking kill me to have to sell it.. do those shox seat things actually work?

I may just keep the super e, i am getting a 2into1 exhaust soon. do a cam and an ignition and call it done. aiming for reliability and building a sporty monster. I just dont want to build it hard tail (two shocked bikes are lame) and end up having it kill my body i live in PA land of the pot holes

Get Adobe Flash player

Don't shave the heads, use a thinner head gasket instead.

Share This