Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motoxjosh29
    • Apr 2014

1989 sporty rear fender strut BROKE

Anyone ever have this issue? the previous owner put on this heavier fat bob fender and out of the 2 bolts that attach to the frame, only 1 was through the strut,frame, and fender. the other one was holding only the strut to the frame. the far left bolt can only go the fender. somewhere i lost the bolt under the seat (wasnt locktited) and thats where everything went to shit. brand new dunlops have a gouge now...

where im going with this is trying to figure out how to attach this better. might even make my own struts that handle this fender.....OR bob the fender and relocate all the lights.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	1335605Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01179.jpg
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	1335604

anyone ever have a similar situation??
  • nofendertom
    • Apr 2014

motoxjosh29-----bob that big,ugly ass fender and be done with it ---take a good look at your tire tho, it may need
    to be replaced.

Comment

• motoxjosh29
      • Apr 2014

thanks tom, tire is definitely got some gashes. pissed off....just put that on in February...

Comment

• motoxjosh29
        • Apr 2014

i have uploaded a model of the rear fender struts on grabcad, trying to look at a way to make them a bit stronger but the models online are as exact duplicate that i can get. i measured everything and modeled it up. i will slowly have my bike completely modeled up.
        The GrabCAD Library offers millions of free CAD designs, CAD files, and 3D models. Join the GrabCAD Community today to gain access and download!

Click image for larger version

Name:	struts.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1272713

Comment

• motoxjosh29
          • Apr 2014

this is what ive ended up with, i just braced the back with aluminum and had a friend TIG it back together. cheaper than the $75 that J&P wanted for them. painted them a rustoleum hammered black.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;