CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default BikerLive TV series on Discovery

Well, every time there's a motorcycle-themed "reality" show that comes up on Discovery et. al someone starts a thread about it. Looks like I get first crack at it, haha. So, I'll begin just like all of the others do...

Any of you fellas watch the show tonight? We had a massive line of thunderstorms and of course, 20 minutes into the show the power went out and killed the DVR. I got to watch the first few minutes and cringed when I saw the host guy and the way that they were enlisting the builders to act silly with each other in their television studio with the bikes all covered up for the big "unveil" action. Sheesh, typical Discovery Channel.

I am stoked to see what the series brings though since they are focusing on small shops and the very hip (and ripe for exploitation!) "garage builder" thing. I know that some of the small shops and builders from our community are going to be featured on upcoming episodes and that's awesome for them; hope it pays off.

Anybody on CC want to chime in and acknowledge being a builder on the show? If not, do you know who is? I had heard that Led Sleds in Dayton, OH was "filming something for TV" a few months back and others as well. Oh yeah, and I saw a blog post saying that Prism was going to be featured on next week's episode, I believe.

Anyone know anything?
    Last edited by Nosebleed; 05-13-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I know nothing and haven't watched it yet. I am however about to watch it.

HERE'S a link if anyone else wants to watch it.

Edit: Just watched it. I don't use twitter.... Too much annoying tv drama/bullshit as expected. I'd ride all the bikes though.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 05-13-2014 at 1:25 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Didnt know, thanks for sharing. I will watch it, so I can complain and call it out on its bullshit drama and cheesiness.
    Then, of course, I'll keep watching every week...you know trhe drill.
    Now seriously, I'll watch anything with bikes on it, so I will definitely give this a shot. Cant be worse than OCC, right?

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, the bikes were looking promising before my recording ended with the power failure. Three bikes, one pan and two shovels if I remember correctly, one group hardtailed their own big twin swingarm frame etc. Looked like the kinda stuff guys like us would dig, so I'll watch it, at least until the "Discovery-ization" gets on my nerves too much. I'm interested to see familiar names and faces on there though. A lot of ChopCultists have asked for years, "how come Discovery never made a series about builders like US?"

Well, maybe this is it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I liked it, and will be watching/recording the series. I don't have a twitter account either but it doesn't bother me that they throw that stuff in there. Honestly I can't blame them for throwing something like that in with the show since it has the possibility to reach a larger fan base and include the live voting. I can tune all of that out just to see the outcome of the bikes, and like previously stated I would ride any one of the 3 that were in this episode.

EDIT: Next week there will be a rat rod themed show on afterwards.
    Last edited by ProfessorKaos; 05-13-2014 at 7:05 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I watched it. it was ok they all built some nice shit but I really wish they would focus more on the building, fabrication, ideas and why they did this and that instead of the fuckin drama where people get mad and start throwing shit cause the fuckin bike don't start!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry, I guess there are now 2 threads running about this. The title of "f.y.i." on the other thread and the fact that it was in the Junk Pile didn't catch my attention.

Mods, feel free to combine, delete or whatever you like with this thread. It IS bike related though, not related to butt sex, beard cream or Obama so I didn't think that the Junk Pile was the place for it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I love that they are featuring small garage shops and all the bikes were pretty cool. I could personally due without the whining about when it won't fire drama... although, I did like that they kept the problem/issues encountered as part of the show.

Get Adobe Flash player

I watched 10mins. and fell asleep with all the bullshit drama on it. bikes were cool though !!

Get Adobe Flash player

Better than no bike show at all

Get Adobe Flash player

They had 15 days to build the bike but nearly 30 minutes devoted to the bike running. Springers, tanks and seat/tails were made in-house but that was all skipped over. At the end of the day, it's still TV. All the bikes were awesome. The Shop102 bike was more racer, the 40Cal was chopper, and the Harlot bike was like a mix of both...

Get Adobe Flash player

As expected there was too much drama. I didn't mind listening to the guys talking about the bikes and stuff but the show was mostly just some guys sitting around. The commentary could have been a voice over while showing the actual build... And then comes the voting. Voting was open before they even showed the bikes. It was basically just "vote for the guys you think look the coolest". Nothing much to do with the bikes. Just another bullshit discovery fail.

Get Adobe Flash player

The price of older bikes just went up.

Quote Originally Posted by XxXombee View Post
    And then comes the voting. Voting was open before they even showed the bikes. It was basically just "vote for the guys you think look the coolest". Nothing much to do with the bikes.
    this is what got me the most... what the fuck were people voting on at that point? I guess a lot of it has to do with who has the most friends too... only way you can decide on who to vote for before actually seeing the bikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

I thought all 3 bikes were good. But I kinda knew that the Pan was going to win , and I want to preface this next statement with this. I think the Pan had tremendous amounts of fab work and I loved the bike. But I think it won because it had the most similar stance as a Paul Jr bike. Once again I'm not saying that its anything like one of his abortions in any other way. But to the untrained eye it is what most closely resembles what the uneducated masses call a "chopper" .

I actually preferred the Harlot bike. The springer, mids and exhaust on that thing were just more in tune with what I like.

The drama .......we knew it was going to be there.......now didn't we? Its just a matter of how much we can take between the little nuggets of fab or good shots of the bikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Next episode will be much different different bikes from a turbo bagger to a board tracker should be interesting. Discovery wanted the drama even if the shops didnt want to do it, so don't blame the shops for doing it. Its great to have a bike show that is somewhat our styles and that anyone in there small shop behind the house can do. I dont think you will be disappointed with our bike for the show (i hope) haha.. So take the drama with a grain of salt its probably for the people who have no real clue about bike builds and just like to watch entertaining tv.
    Last edited by O2VW18T; 05-13-2014 at 7:00 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's my take; I overanalyzed the shit out of this show, unfortunately.

-what am I voting on 10 minutes into the start of the show when all I've seen is half a frame and some beards?
    -fake ass drama. Not surprising.
    -I honestly don't believe the 15-day timeline, especially if everything was as "custom" hand-made "in-house" as they made it seem

and finally, my biggest "bull-shit" flag: I ran a twitter analytics search on the 3 voting hashtags they were using at the exact moment they made the winning anouncement "live"... Shop102 had a 1400 vote lead at the time of the announcement of the winner (40cal).

My advice to DISC: reveal the bikes at the beginning so we can vote accordingly; more bike fab less fake drama; and if you're going to do it "live" and have the winner be decided by Twitter, then actually do it and don't fake it.

(at one point the host said "We are trending number 1 in the world with #BikerLive right now"; that was also a lie. I don't believe a damn thing about this being live.)

Like I said, I over-analyzed it...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Here's my take; I overanalyzed the shit out of this show, unfortunately.

-what am I voting on 10 minutes into the start of the show when all I've seen is half a frame and some beards?
    -fake ass drama. Not surprising.
    -I honestly don't believe the 15-day timeline, especially if everything was as "custom" hand-made "in-house" as they made it seem

and finally, my biggest "bull-shit" flag: I ran a twitter analytics search on the 3 voting hashtags they were using at the exact moment they made the winning anouncement "live"... Shop102 had a 1400 vote lead at the time of the announcement of the winner (40cal).

My advice to DISC: reveal the bikes at the beginning so we can vote accordingly; more bike fab less fake drama; and if you're going to do it "live" and have the winner be decided by Twitter, then actually do it and don't fake it.

(at one point the host said "We are trending number 1 in the world with #BikerLive right now"; that was also a lie. I don't believe a damn thing about this being live.)

Like I said, I over-analyzed it...
    Its a 5 week timeline , crazy that shop102 had that many more tweets figured it would be rigged. Yes its actually live believe it or not.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    I thought all 3 bikes were good. But I kinda knew that the Pan was going to win , and I want to preface this next statement with this. I think the Pan had tremendous amounts of fab work and I loved the bike. But I think it won because it had the most similar stance as a Paul Jr bike. Once again I'm not saying that its anything like one of his abortions in any other way. But to the untrained eye it is what most closely resembles what the uneducated masses call a "chopper" .

I actually preferred the Harlot bike. The springer, mids and exhaust on that thing were just more in tune with what I like.

The drama .......we knew it was going to be there.......now didn't we? Its just a matter of how much we can take between the little nuggets of fab or good shots of the bikes.
    Yep the bike that won was pretty much an "old school" themed OCC bike. Those bars were horrible. Therefore it won.

Share This