CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    ChicagoRedux

Quote Originally Posted by XxXombee View Post
    Voting was open before they even showed the bikes.
    This is when I realized I was watching one more show that follows the Discovery Channel formula. The show has little or nothing to do with bikes, it's just some irritating narrator trying to instill drama on a set that is decorated with bikes and bike-like-stuff. When bikes go out of style Discovery will apply the same formula to basket weaving or upholstery competitions. The only difference will be that instead of the narrator fretting over a carburetor he'll be pulling out his hair over whether or not the upholsterer can find matching fabric for the ottoman.

If there are some small shops out there that can use the show to their advantage more power to them, but I have no interest in watching.
    Last edited by ChicagoRedux; 05-17-2014 at 5:38 AM. Reason: sentence correction

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Eh I enjoyed watching it even if it had the typical Discovery channel flare for the dramatic. At least the bikes were more in tune with shit we would ride and no ridiculous billet, cnc'ed billboards on wheels like the biker build offs used to be mostly.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Eh I enjoyed watching it even if it had the typical Discovery channel flare for the dramatic. At least the bikes were more in tune with shit we would ride and no ridiculous billet, cnc'ed billboards on wheels like the biker build offs used to be mostly.
    Don't speak so soon. Just wait until next week.

Get Adobe Flash player

I see that the History Channel is coming out with their own motorcycle program. It's called "Biker Battleground Phoenix". Debuts July 1.

It just goes to show how disappointed I've been with motorcycle programing that I already expect to not like it.

Get Adobe Flash player

one can only hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILBLACKSABRE View Post
    I see that the History Channel is coming out with their own motorcycle program. It's called "Biker Battleground Phoenix". Debuts July 1.

It just goes to show how disappointed I've been with motorcycle programing that I already expect to not like it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by EVILBLACKSABRE View Post

Google says specifically that they're trying to fill the "gap" that OCC left when they went off air, and a image search and their facebook page shows 30" wheeled baggers, laying frame with flame throower exhausts and skull paint jobs.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rooster52478 View Post
    Don't speak so soon. Just wait until next week.
    Ahhhhhhh say it aint so?

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm watching this 2nd episode now and want to blow my brains out. They're making such a big fucking deal about a leaky petcock????!!!!!! What the fuck?!!! That thing ranks up there with the lay-down snow mobile Paul Sr. "built" in that other build-off show. And that fucking other disaster that's supposed to be a "board tracker".....what the fuck! Your balls are basically rubbing the open primary. Unbelievable. Guess I got my hopes up with this new show.

Fuck .......guess it's back to watching the bachelorette with the wife.
    Last edited by antblyme; 05-19-2014 at 7:47 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Prism built a clean bike. That bagger monstrosity was horrible and the board tracker that wasn't a board tracker was kinda cool to me for some reason

Get Adobe Flash player

The "board tracker" just screams detrooit brothers to me. I normally like drop seat frames, but the back wheel fucks it for me. The prism bike is cool, but should have been anything except black......And I hate baggers.

Get Adobe Flash player

Prism build a really clean bike, I'm not really a bagger guy and that pile of shit that the other guys build was fucking pathetic. The acting is probably the worst part. All the fucking faked drama for tv. I did enjoy the producer getting all pouty at the end and then getting silly string shot in his face.

!!!Download Adblock Plus or some other popup blocker before using these vid links and don't ever click on anything that says "download". I know some of you senior citizen fellas aren't too internet savvy.
    Here's a link to episode 2.

Get Adobe Flash player

that pan was fucking nice. Young kids building like that had me impressed making all that custom shit
    im an old fart stuck in the 70's so that's a lot coming from me LOL
    other than that the show kinda sucks , I just wanna see bikes being built
    that bagger was horrible looking and useless, baggers are to be comfortable , why else ride an ugly bike
    that other thing was putrid , good workmanship but not for me
    there all talented
    what ever happened to building a chopper with no bullshit on it, buy FL strip it open pipes ride, those was the days...........

Get Adobe Flash player

This is my bitch about 5/19 episode. "#BikerLive" is billed as follows "In every corner of America, backyard bike builders have been creating motorcycle works of art that haven't got the attention they deserve." What kind of backyard builder has $10,000 to spend on a front wheel? Also, that bagger looked extremely uncomfortable. How you going to ride 200 miles like that?

Get Adobe Flash player

I saw that too.......I thought the deal was $15,000 and 6 weeks. Or is it 15000 unless you want to through more personal money at it? Thats the first bike that I cant really see being done under the budget.

Get Adobe Flash player

this show is like watching The Horse editorials come alive.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by vorhese View Post
    this show is like watching the horse editorials come alive.
    ding ding ding ding!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

While it's cool to see some folks on there who's bikes/work I'm into (Prism, Shop102) the show is painful. They barely cover any of the build. I mean, Prism made a bunch of stuff and it pretty much skipped from a 10 second blurb about the frame to the bike being fully built.

Between the commercials, 3 shops, voting crap and the horrible production hype/drama "omg, leaky petcock", "shift arm too long.. this could be the end!!", "clutch arm missing... will they make the deadline?" I feel like a one hour show has about 5 minutes of build coverage. It's TERRIBLE.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomthump View Post
    "clutch arm missing... will they make the deadline?"
    yeah, seriously what the fuck was that? No on within a 100 miles has a runnable clutch arm. For fuck's sake.

Get Adobe Flash player

All of the above comments share my feelings about the show. I was bitching throughout the show last night. "why the fuck are they crying over a leaking petcock?!", "you made a shift linkage, re-fucking-make it!!", "you can't find a shifter arm? make one out of a spoon or something, i mean you're making your grenade tail light such a big fucking deal." WAH WAH WAH. I think I enjoyed Vegas Rat Rods more.

Get Adobe Flash player

What about the clutch cable breaking and needing an entire night to replace it? WTF? And when it broke the guy riding it had to explain how he knew it was broke to one of the other guys. Lol

Share This