• RaisingKane7x
    • Apr 2024

F.y.i.

It had to come back sooner or later.

-Biker Build Off V 2.0

Someone here called it, who knew.
  • metalheart28
    • Feb 2014

yeah seen the commercial yesterday. I was wondering if discovery foots the bill for the build? if so hell who couldn't build a badass bike on someone elses dime!!

Comment

• Rubman
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by metalheart28
      yeah seen the commercial yesterday. I was wondering if discovery foots the bill for the build? if so hell who couldn't build a badass bike on someone elses dime!!
      Me. If you gave me a shop full of shit and unlimited funds, I'd spend it on drugs, booze, and tattoos.

Comment

• JohnnyRainbow
        • Apr 2012

I know the guys who are going to be on there on the 19th. The Prism guys are from my town, young dudes, do nice work, and are genuinely as nice a guys as you'll ever meet.

Comment

• XxXombee
          • Oct 2011

I'll give this show the benefit of the doubt. Discovery doesn't have the best track record when it comes to motorcycle related programming but maybe, just maybe, they didn't fuck this up. It will be pretty easy to tell in the first episode or two if this is just going to be more of the same old shit or not.

Comment

• JohnnyRainbow
            • Apr 2012

I thought the show was good. I'll watch it again.

Comment

• spidr
              • Mar 2010

Typical Discovery channel. Foocus on shit smashing, shit on fire, arguments...........I despise the Discovery channel.

That said. I love the premise of the show, and they picked some decent builders. And according to IG theres a few shops from CC that will be on next month, I'll keep watching, and my kids like it.

Comment

• Clockwork444
                • Dec 2013

i agree. they focus on the bullshit like a guy fighting with a wheel. show me the fab, i dont wanna see that shit. it could be executed better but at least the bikes werent god aweful fat/tall tire shit.

also it says they give each shop 15k to build the bike.

Comment

• spidr
                  • Mar 2010

Yup. 15g and 6 weeks.

I should see if they'll let my kids do it.....

Comment

• Clockwork444
                    • Dec 2013

somebody should give me 15k so i can fuckin sleep at night.

Comment

• RaisingKane7x
                      • Apr 2024

just hope this shit doesn't blow up mainstream like the billet, fat tire and everyone and thier Gramma in a wcc shirt, R.U.B. cycles.

'cause I can see vintage chop stuff gettin' real scarce, I'm never going to find the parts for my chop now

Rubs- you forgot bitchs, I here money brings easy bitchs.

Comment

• antblyme
                        • Sep 2011

Was nice to see a show like this where the dudes were actually building bikes and not just bolting them together. They really didn't show much fab or technical stuff which we all prefer, but anybody who knows anything can see that that panhead was some serious work. Looked like everybody built or modified everything.......just like real builders do. Hope the show sticks around.
                        Last edited by antblyme; 05-15-2014, 5:03 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2024

I would still watch some of the old ones today. Like that kinda of stuff, picking up little ideas here and there from them. Don't see a big difference between the build offs and ChopperTown, like both. OCC is for all the family to enjoy together, lame as hell but I have no problem with people pimping themselves for money to do what they like. Theres no difference between a big ass rear tire and a crusty old Bates seat (even a bare ass ridden one from anyone named Bates)

Comment

• RetroRob
                            • Oct 2011

I enjoyed it. That pan was sweet, a lot of thought went into the Harlot springer, I thought the rear end proportions were off on the 2nd place bike. That said the show had typical Discovery Channel formula for bike shows. Guess no one will watch if there isn't flames and someone acting like a douche. Shows how stupid it is when people can start voting for the favorite bike before anyone's taken the first piece of steel off the rack.

Comment

• Coffins
                              • Mar 2014

Better than I had expected. Those guys from Georgia also seemed pretty affable. Too bad I didn't care too much for the build, heh. It does need more focus on fabrication, though, like most people here have said. There were a few cut-aways that took place just when the details started to come through.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;