Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fulltiltboogie
    • Jun 2013

Batteryless Rita Setup/Diagram Anyone?

So ive searched around and cant seem to find a good diagram similar to what I am trying to do. Any help would be awesome. What ive got is a Lucas Rita ignition and two 12v Lucas coils for ignition. 2wire stator, tympanium, and a Sparx capacitor will take care of charging. Anyone used this recipe/ If so how did it work out? Thanks
  • scottyj1
    • Apr 2013

hope this helps

Add a personal touch to your vintage Triumph with our Classic Motorcycle Parts & Accessories. Transform your bike with our high quality parts & free tech support.

Comment

• SamHain
      • Apr 2024

that lowbrow one spaced the ground. here's another http://raskcycle.com/techtip/webdoc16a.html

Comment

• scottyj1
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SamHain
        that lowbrow one spaced the ground. here's another http://raskcycle.com/techtip/webdoc16a.html

the diagram with no battery had the ground running off the capicitor

Comment

• Torch
          • Jul 2009

there's another thing wrong in those Lowbrow diagrams showing Boyer ignitions........like where's the white wire on the Boyer box ?

Comment

• Torch
            • Jul 2009

as for the original question about a Lucas Rita ignition on a no battery system,
            here's the way I'm thinking about it, The L/R ignition is already a power monger of an ignition and even the bikes were changed to a 3 phase alternator just because they were having some issues with it shutting down under lower voltages.

so if it was me I'd be looking for a Pazon ignition to run with a "no battery" system.

Comment

• Truckedup
              • Jan 2013

The Pazon Sure Fire with a permanent magnet pick up will work with no battery and a capacitor if the alternator is good.

Comment

• Fulltiltboogie
                • Jun 2013

Thanks for all the help guys! I got lucky and a buddy gave me a Boyer setup, so im just going to go that route.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;