Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scotty13
    • Nov 2010

Strange happenings with my Electra Glide

My electra glide is having the strangest problem I have ever seen that blinking is the bike with the ignition switch on the power to everything cuts in and out. All of the wires test out fine the terminal block is good yet the power cuts in and out like that. WTF methinks it could only be a bad ignition switch out of the box. rode it about 6 days w/no problems 30 to 40 starts and about 70 to 80 miles city driving. please check the vid if ANYE has ever seen some bizarre shit like this and you have any ideas let me know please.http://www.chopcult.com/forum/images...ead_smilie.gif
    LINK TO YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7kkRa6E8hA
  • wrectify
    • Nov 2013

Try swapping the battery for a known good one, or hook up a jump box. I had something happen that sounds very similar to yours, and it turned out to be something inside the battery.

Comment

• Paulster
      • Jan 2013

Have you checked your main circuit breaker? If your not running circuit breakers and everything is hard wired it may prove a little more difficult to diagnose. Did you say you replaced the ignition switch? If so, if everything electrically was fine prior to that it could very well be a faulty switch. Double check all of your wiring and make sure the battery has a full state of charge then put a load tester on the battery. One bad cell in a battery can cause some bizarre problems. You said that you rode it for a few days with no issues so, I'm thinking go back to the last thing that you did before the problem started which was replacing the ignition switch, AND check your battery and wiring again just to be sure.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

I'd wiggle the ignition key while it's running to see if the problem repeats, and check all the connections I could including grounds and the terminals where they connect to the ignition switch in case the connection from wire to terminal is deteriorating.

If the last item I replaced was the ignition switch, I'd lean toward it being the cause.

A test light is cheap, and because it's a load is usually what I like for checking such things.

Comment

• Davestune
          • May 2014

had that b4 ended up being a breaker

Comment

• scotty13
            • Nov 2010

Its a brand new Yuasa battery brand new ignition switch, checked every wire gonna put in a new circuit breaker today.I think it is the circuit breaker I sure hope so also the fact that it only happens with the headlight on.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;