Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogergriffith2
    • Apr 2014

Need (carb) help PLEASE!!!!!!

I have a 74 cb750 fk & i just bought it not to long ago & u guessed it... it was not running.... long story short i got it going, running good floating down the road till i stopped then she didnt like to idle under 2g & u could just smell the gas coming outta the pipes. all my plugs are sooty & my air screws was all screwed out at different turns. 1) was 1/4 out, 2) was 3 out, 3) was 1/2 out, 4) was 1 1/2 out. I cant get it to start back up now. So my question is how far out should i set them to start out at ? She has pods & drag pipes not sure on what jets but like i said it was running till i started playing with the air screws...... kicking myself rite now... So like i said in the title PLEASE HELP !!!!!!
    Last edited by rogergriffith2; 05-05-2014, 9:48 PM.
  • Nepil
    • Oct 2011

Be sure not to tighten to far down. Back off 1.5 turns and start from there. With pods and drags there is no set directions you are just gonna have to find the sweet spot.

Comment

• rogergriffith2
      • Apr 2014

thanks she tried starting but i gotta open the throttle up while its turning over & she wants to run but spits n sputters on 1.5 out.... am i going the rite way or do i need to start turning them back in ?

Comment

• Jetblack
        • Apr 2024

Always gently seat the screws before counting turns out, if you know this then that's for those that down know... at two turns don't add another 1/2 turn seat then add it. If you need to service them order on the jet is spring then washer then o-ring, sometimes the o-rings jam from seating to firmly or are missing completely same goes for the little washer on top of the spring for going awol.

You may need to turn your idle knob or adjust your throttle cable if it isn't adjusted for good snap and range... get it running nice and warm before setting idle 2.5 turns out is my starting point then adjust based on lean and rich from there.

Comment

• rogergriffith2
          • Apr 2014

are u talking about a washer between the air screw & the litte spring? if so then i am missing all 4 little washers..... but i got it to run 3 & 4 sound good 2 is poping & shooting flames out ....but still not hitting right

Comment

• Sky
            • Aug 2009

Your looking for tiny washers and o-rings that go inside the threaded hole. They fit on the shank of the mix screws.
            Have you checked your float settings? needle and seats? Cleared the jets?.
            If not time to drop the bowls at least and check things out.
            In-line fuel filters are a good idea with an old crusty fuel tank.
            don't forget that #1 carb gets flooded easy on the kick stand.

Comment

• rogergriffith2
              • Apr 2014

yes ive dropped the bowls but totaly spaced on checking the float settings
              took jets out cleaned them they are 120's took out the pilots cleaned them they are 45's but ill drop the floats again & refresh me on how to set the floats

Comment

• rogergriffith2
                • Apr 2014

thanks for the help guys im running now but im still back firing & flames out #2 cyl.

Comment

• Jetblack
                  • Apr 2024

Need to sync those puppies

Comment

• rogergriffith2
                    • Apr 2014

got it thanks again guys u have helped this guy out a lot now im gonna gear up & take a spin around the block

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;