Ok, so a little bit about me. I have zero mechanical experience except fixing my car with my dad, and working on my bmx bike. I still canít figure out my mountain bikes. I started with an í81 Honda cb650c, fixed it a little bit and rode it for a year or two. Then got a í75 cb750k, which needed a lot of love so I was able to get my hands a little dirtier. Then I wanted to get into the chopper world, and picked up this í78 XLCH sportster from a guy who owned it for the last 25 years. This is what it looked like when I brought it home-

Got it in fall, rode it around a bunch and throughout the winter since I was pretty close to work at the time. took the apes off cause I really wasnít a fan. Girlfriend was a champ about it-

My opinion about bikes changes all the time as I get more into it. So the apes went back on. I think these forks are about 4 over, which I also wasnít super into

So I put on stock length (maybe?) and some fork gaiters.

then put some biltwell chumps on there, since I liked the look of the apes but not the big rise. then rode it around like that for awhile. took it to some riding spots

another view of the chumps