CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Rice bike gsxr1000 forks on 74 ironhead

Don't hate on me for this but does anyone know if a complete 05 gsxr1000 front end will fit on my 74 ironhead bobb just want to try somthing different...I'f I'm correct my 74 has a 34mm neck not sure of the gsxr

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Maybe check a sportbike forum for sportbike specs? If you have the parts, you could always just try it and see what needs to be done. And a sportbike fork on a HD isn't really something different. This thread was literally two below yours. Might be of some interest to you.

Get Adobe Flash player

It wont fit without some sort of modification. The stems are different.

Get Adobe Flash player

Axle and stem are different. GSXR forks are pretty short you'll probably need to run a 21" or at least 19" to maintain frame level and ground clearance.
    I had to make both an axle and stem to run the GSXR front end, currently I'm happy with it but I won't really know until I finish building the bike and see how it sits.

Yeah I just had the front end layin around was wondering how it would look hah prob going to mess with it this fall don't want to start the project now riding seasons just starting...thanks for the replies guys

How did I miss this thread??? I am running a 05 gixxer 1000 frontend on my 90 softail. I dont have a press or the skills to swap a stem so I just brought the Harley lower triple and gixxer lower triple to a bike shop. Guy charged me 100 bucks to swap the stems. The harley stem was a tad short, due to the thickness of the gixxer top triple. So the guy made a bolt and cap system to replace the top nut. Worked great. Dropped a pile of weight from the bike and with those gixxer brakes....well lets just say they have a bit more stopping power than that mushy harley unit.

After the stem is swapped it is literally a "bolt on" unti. I even had my bro weld a tab on the steering head so I could run the gixxer steering damper. Great upgrade and looks great IMHO. Go for it!!

It also comes down to what style bike you building. They look really good on bobbers I think.

The lower triples in question

Last edited by ctluba; 04-22-2014 at 4:28 PM.

Share This