CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default '74 CB360 Hard tail Bobber

Picked up a '74 Honda CB360 from a buddy with no title (as shown) (title issue taken care of) for a 6 pack!

Plan for the bike:
    Bar bones bobber, strip everything that doesn't make it run or legal (as much as possible)

Kick only adapt brass kicker pedal to kick shaft, none of that electric start non sense
    Frame is stretch 8" over.
    Rear fender is a section of a '37 Ford spare tire cover
    Sporty peanut gas tank w/ gas gauge
    70's Metal flake paint job w/ hand pinstriping (learned how to stripe during this project)
    12" ape hangers
    Convert hand controls to OEM harley
    No front fender/ fender brace only
    Hand crafted leather spring seat
    4.5" chrome headlight
    Custom speedo gauge/mount (remove tach)

Rear end cut off

Hard tail finished!!

Design for chain tensioner.

Custom gauge mount/gauge face.

Final Test Fit before paint...

Everything is apart for paint/powdercoat:

Tank/Fender back from powdercoating!!! Just need to do some pinstriping on the tank and it'll be good to go. I'm thinking "chamois" and orange pinstripes on the tank/fender!

I am really getting excited to get this running and ride the shit out of it! Hopefully in the next few weeks i'll be riding!

Finially got my bike out of the basement and outside. Lights work as there suppose to. Haven't had a chance to try to fire it yet. Hopefully tonight I can get it to pop off!
    Tomorrow it is off to a bike shop in town for custom cables to be made

How does that fuel line work?

You are coming out of the tank, going down to a filter, then back up to the carbs?

Is there a pump i'm not seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by object View Post
    How does that fuel line work?

You are coming out of the tank, going down to a filter, then back up to the carbs?

Is there a pump i'm not seeing?
    Yes, you have the order correct. There isn't a pump on the fuel. That is how the stock fuel lines are ran. I'm guessing that the vacuum from the carbs pulls the fuel into the bowls.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tins are wicked cool. What is the name of that powder if you don't mind me asking?

Get Adobe Flash player

This bike looks like too much fun. Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzilla View Post
    Tins are wicked cool. What is the name of that powder if you don't mind me asking?
    "Moondust orange" by prismatic powdercoat

Quote Originally Posted by sonster View Post
    This bike looks like too much fun. Awesome job!
    Thank you!

I got it to pop off tonight. Def. needs some tuning work!

Get Adobe Flash player

This churns my butter...I dig it!

Rad build! Sure gave me even more motivation (if that's even possible) to get my first build started. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by TheYounger View Post
    This churns my butter...I dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrisj View Post
    Rad build! Sure gave me even more motivation (if that's even possible) to get my first build started. Good job

Thank you!!

Get Adobe Flash player

There's a lot to like here. Do you have any photos or details to share about making the chain tensioner? I've never made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffins View Post
    There's a lot to like here. Do you have any photos or details to share about making the chain tensioner? I've never made one.
    Thank you!

I designed the flat pieces in Solidworks and had them laser cut from 1/4" carbon steel. Everything else I purchased from McMasterCarr. If you are wanting to make one let me know, and we can work out the details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chain tensioner.jpg  
    Last edited by bucky685; 05-20-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Definetly going to need some carb work. Whenever I try to start it, even when I trailered it down to my local motorcycle shop for them to make custom cables. I was puking gas out of my over flow. Thinking I have a stuck float. Also going to need to rejet it for my exhaust /intake.

Right before I trailered it, it started first kick. Then once I arrived at the shop 10 minutes later. It would not start and was just puking gas out of the overflow.
    Got a quite a few compliments on the bike. Considering its prodominently a Harley shop.

Dropped my bike off @ the shop yesterday. And there was a completely stock version of how mine started. (blue bike)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side by side.jpg   side by side 2.jpg  
    Last edited by bucky685; 05-21-2014 at 8:15 AM.

Hey man nice build do you have any specs on the hard tail I also have a 74 I want to hard tail

Quote Originally Posted by MrBiggs17 View Post
    Hey man nice build do you have any specs on the hard tail I also have a 74 I want to hard tail
    What do you need to know?
    I know that it is a hard frame to hardtail. I started with a TC Bros Universale hardtail kit. I had to end up making new axle plates to fit the stock axle. The bottom left frame rail is 1" different in height from the right. Where the frame meets the back bone is smoothed into the stamped sheet metal back bone. and 1/4" plates top/bottom reinforce. Gussets all all joints. The frame is 1" tubing.

My frame is stretch 8" over stock.

Had no front brake or brake light. But I took it out for its maiden voyage yesterday..... And proceeded to run it out of gas!

Got the proper fitting for my brake line. So i have front brakes and a brake light. Just need to tune the clutch and tinker with the jetting, seems to be running a bit hot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cb360 first ride.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	48946

Get Adobe Flash player

Bike looks awesome man, great job. I picked up a '74 cb360 earlier this year pre-hardtailed, and you're absolutely right man, frame looks like a nightmare to do. Glad mine was already done, although I'm planning a complete tear-down and reboot for the winter.

Killer job though man, keep up the awesome work. I'll be interested to see where you go with her!
    Last edited by BigBenC; 09-21-2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Share This