How do you LOAD PHOTOS on the CHOP CULT (post-Upgrade) ???

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allen
    • Apr 2024

How do you LOAD PHOTOS on the CHOP CULT (post-Upgrade) ???

I've deleted the old "How to upload large files on the Chop Cult" thread because of the upgrade, things are slightly different.

If you have a QUESTION regarding how to load photos or have a METHOD of how YOU load photos, pease share that in this thread.

As time goes on, I will compile the different methods and attempt to resolve actual issues.

If you've just got a gripe or sand in your clit, this is NOT the thread for you.

HERE'S HOW I LOAD PHOTOS (and I'll continue to expand on this as time permits)

I use Flickr, others use photobucket, and I'm sure there's a hundred other host methods. I guess I can actually use it straight from my blogspot account too.

Copy the image URL and insert here:

This image is from my Flickr account (above)

And this one if from my blogspot. I have to resive the /s1600/ inside the URL to something smaller like /s600/ so the image doesn't blow out the screen size, but it's easy.

In the near future, I'll work on the "uploading question" and hopefully others will jump in with other useful methods! Thanks everyone for making this a better community! And i'll continue to say it, if you're unhappy here, do us all a favor and leave. It's not worth having a girlfriend who's a bitch or a couple Chop Cult members who feel like they're entitled to mooch every biscuit crumb in the tin and then complain how stale it tasted and how hungry they still are, how the tins now empty and how thirsty they are... fuck the fuck off. Bake a bike and go for a ride.
  • Ato
    • Oct 2010

Hey Allen I've had np loading photos via URL or going to advanced and doing thumbnails, but everytime I try to do it from images on the computer it looks like they are loaded then I get a red ! Any idea what could be going on there?

Comment

• kickstarter1340
      • Mar 2014

I am trying to upload jpeg photos from my computer by using the "insert icon" on the quick reply box and the "manage attachments " button in the go advanced box. I keep getting the same message using either option,"Upload of file failed" I have tried to upload photos that are smaller than the limits shown. I don't have a Flickr, Photobucket or any other account like these. Thanks for any help.
      Last edited by kickstarter1340; 04-15-2014, 3:48 PM.

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by kickstarter1340
        I am trying to upload jpeg photos from my computer by using the "insert icon" on the quick reply box and the "manage attachments " button in the go advanced box. I keep getting the same message using either option,"Upload of file failed" I have tried to upload photos that are smaller than the limits shown. I don't have a Flickr, Photobucket or any other account like these. Thanks for any help.
        I am having the exact same problem!
        Moderators, where are you?

Comment

• Allen
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by daroberts3
          I am having the exact same problem!
          Moderators, where are you?
          First, hold the fuck up. We moderate, we don't occupy. We fucking ride, a lot, and we mod between that. So never expect an instantaneous response. You haven't bought me nearly enough drinks for that to happen. Thanks!

Second, I'll look into it, but keep in mind, every new "problem" is one of us either a.) answering from our vast reservoir of knowledge, b.) going to the blackboard and scratching out the math to re-create the problem to find a solution, and believe me you, sometimes, no matter how hard I try, I can't recreate your problems... or finally c.) send your problem up the food chain to someone else, and good luck with that. Better hope for a.) or b.)

I could just tell you, if it's that important to you, get a flickr or photobucket account. They're free too!

Comment

• Allen
            • Apr 2024

The INSERT IMAGE question has gone from my Blackboard to the Guru in the Sky... will keep everyone updated asap. But I'll be gone this weekend motorcycle camping so bear that it mind...

Comment

• Speciman
              • Nov 2012

The Attached Photo's have disappeared on me

Does anybody know why the attached photo's that members send in with their threads have disappeared om me. It has to be a browser problem. I use to ba able to see them. I have checked all the permissions I can find in the site and my browser and that doesn't seem to be a problem. I think it happened after a firefox upgrade but I am not sure. I occasionally get error messages that my shockwave plugin or something to that effect isn't responding and the computer slows to a crawl but I don't know if it is related to viewing attached jpegs. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Allen
                • Apr 2024

Check this thread:
                Got my new Joe King helmet and my Motostuka gloves the other day, the craftsmanship that went into both these products are top notch! this is my 2nd JK helmet, both received with in 2 weeks of payment. the gloves are cool too, not sure if im going to keep them yet, not use to the "shorty" style gloves.

Can you see the picture of the helmet/gloves?

or can you see the picture I am posting below?

Comment

• Speciman
                  • Nov 2012

I can see the picture you posted. Pictures that are not set up as attachments are the problem. Ilso, if I don't sign in, I can see each attachment file name. When I click on it, it will prompt me to sign in. When I do, the attachment file names disappear. If it is in html form, like posted on the page itself, I can see it. It is those attached file names that I can't see, so I can't click on them. Weird as hell. I have tried 3 different browsers with no luck.

Comment

• Coffins
                    • Mar 2014

I also have this problem.

Comment

• XxXombee
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Speciman
                      I can see the picture you posted. Pictures that are not set up as attachments are the problem. Ilso, if I don't sign in, I can see each attachment file name. When I click on it, it will prompt me to sign in. When I do, the attachment file names disappear. If it is in html form, like posted on the page itself, I can see it. It is those attached file names that I can't see, so I can't click on them. Weird as hell. I have tried 3 different browsers with no luck.
                      ^This. I thought the problem was just my phone but it's the same on my computer too exactly as Speciman described.

Comment

• Allen
                        • Apr 2024

Im going to merge this with my prior post-upgrade photo loading thread so we keep the problems surrounding loading/attaching photos in one place.

Comment

• Allen
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Allen
                          Im going to merge this with my prior post-upgrade photo loading thread so we keep the problems surrounding loading/attaching photos in one place.
                          Oh dear, I'm quoting myself now...

Ok, so everyone understands this. URL attachments work fine right now. I personally encourage you to use that process. Uploading pictures to the Chop Cult is iff'y at best. It works for some, and not for other. If it doesn't work for you, I believe you. So, if it does, be greateful, consider yourself honored I suppose? Anyway, it doesn't work for me. I have talked to the "POWERS THAT BE" in regards to this and they are doing whatever it is they do to not only identify the problem... wait for it... but to also "resolve" it.

So like the days before cable t.v., direct t.v., dish t.v., Netflix, Hulu, etc., etc., be patient. It'll be fixed when it's fixed. And if you cant wait for it to be FIXED, try getting it FIXED HERE.

If you're working on your bike and you have two tools at your disposal. One works and one doesn't. So which tool are you going to use? ... right. Link photos at attachments until the upload process works properly. And to be honest with you, I never like having to click on those thumbnails anyway to see a picture full image. URL linked attachments flow much smoother in build/other threads.

Comment

• daroberts3
                            • Dec 2012

I CAN POST PICTURES AGAIN! Thanks Allen and all those behind the scenes who helped resolve this. Permanently I hope!

Comment

• Allen
                              • Apr 2024

Click image for larger version

Name:	7871756576_d948a50d2b_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1272608

Well, it looks like it's working. I just uploaded a pic. Thanks for the heads up daroberts3 ... now onto the other 99 problems we're still flogging. Oh, we will keep flogging too btw... no doubt.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;