• Show
Clear All
  • Clockwork444
    • Dec 2013

nice bike. do that fender and finish it off plz

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
      • Feb 2014

Yeah I think I'm Gonna throw that one on it, But its ABS Plastic just idk if I trust it thats all.

Comment

• Clockwork444
        • Dec 2013

ya itll look great just dont sit on it lol

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
          • Feb 2014

It actually didnt fit with new seat. The ribs are in the way. sorry Clockwork.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
            • Feb 2014

Dk Customs update

Dk Customs Care package came in today. 3in Tank lift, Coil relocation kit, horn relocation kit, and ignition relocation. Took me about 2 hours to do everything along with a wire tuck that really gave me some space.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
              • Feb 2014

Iginition Relocation

i ordered a DK customs Ignition Relocation kit since all there other kits worked so well. Yeah they do not work on my year bike at all. I ended up Relocating my ignition to the right side of the battery, its hidden and loos different. I'll post up pics tomorrow. Along with that I snapped my belt so Lowbrow Chain conversion kit is on the way. Hopefully I'll be good to go soon.

Comment

• halfday
                • Apr 2024

You'll need 1-7/8" socket and it's opposite thread so roll the bikes front tire up against a wall and use a breaker bar. If you're not stretching the frame tho, why not put a belt on and be done, they're great as long as you leave the belt guard on.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2014, 3:59 AM.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                  • Feb 2014

I just trust chains more than anything, Belts are too weak weak with my belt guard.

Comment

• halfday
                    • Apr 2024

I wasn't saying a belt guard makes a belt stronger lol, I just see a lot of guys take them off to get a stripped down look and pick up rocks and stuff. You seem to be doing a lot of cosmetic stuff and I thought the chain was something that you felt looked more old school cool to you. I won't post in your "build"thread anymore, I've done a lot of stuff with Sporties and maybe I shouldn't put my two cents in anymore, sory, have fun
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2014, 4:27 PM.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                      • Feb 2014

all good brother, i like the input. I like hearing different ideas. Chain is for look and function though.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                        • Feb 2014

Chain Conversion Day

Well i purchased a chain conversion kit from Lowbrow customs and here we go, mind my belt snapped already so it made it a bit harder.
                        First i ditched the old belt drive and put on the sproket wasn't too hard but you have to have some muscle to get it off.

Next came the next sproket, since my belt was snapped i couldn't put the bike against a wall so I had to impervised and it worked out.
                        then after that i put it all together and just need to break the chain and set the tire all the way to the front and adjust. Not a bad day, i took her inside since its so windy out here in NY and lots of sand blowing around still. Working on the rear fender now, have a scorpion king and queen on the way. And oh yeah i painted my exhaust flat black which turned out great. Very productive day!

Comment

• Neoduch
                          • Apr 2024

You have to of spent about $220.00 on the chain conversion and a chain. You can get sport belts for $75.00 free ship on ebay. Just sayin', if you just kept it belt you would have at least $150.00 to buy a cool little gas tank.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                            • Feb 2014

chain conversion was $160, and chain was $40. A good decent kevlar belt, that wont snap after a rock hits it is $180 for this bike. I like the look of the chain and the feel, I've sold almost a $700 of parts I have taken off this bike. So I have some room left left for a tank, not sure which one to go with just yet still deciding what guys think. I was thinking maybe a Frisco tank?

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                              • Feb 2014

Quick photo of the bike with some paint on that rear fender, just still waiting on my king and queen seat then weld on my homemade sissy bar.

Comment

• Neoduch
                                • Apr 2024

Starting to look good. Shame you cut your rails tho. With the fender you ended up with you could of left them. A swingarm mounted fender set up can get that fender real close to the tire.
                                Your passenger will never forgive you tho.
                                It's taking shape, keep up the good work

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;