CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default have yall seen DNA'S new springers?

im not starting this to see somebody post another pic of the broken dna. just saw these in a magazine and wanted to see what everybodys thoughts are on them. I called dna and they both retail at 615 bucks.

Narrow Springer
     photo image_zps4089ea89.jpg

photo image_zps6cb325fc.jpg

Vintage Springer
     photo image_zps86aa11b8.jpg

photo image_zpsd4c88d77.jpg

Not saying that I will buy it but I actually really like the narrow version. its nice to see them update a product that is way outdated in the style factor.

Get Adobe Flash player

Jesus that a huge improvement. Looks like a cheap version of FMW.

Get Adobe Flash player

Same quality at twice the price. What more could you want?

It does look better though. I still wouldn't bolt one onto one of my bikes. Just sayin'...

BingTheBarber

cool but not $615 cool!

Get Adobe Flash player

Choppering is getting to the point where rich kids are paying any price for shit quality.

chopemall

I'd ride it, just to tell everybody who hates on them they were jealous.......even if they had a fucking paugcho and I thought theirs cooler.

chopemall

Its kinda cool to see where all that metal from detriot in the vice documentary goes to.

Front legs look good

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by chopemall View Post
    Its kinda cool to see where all that metal from detriot in the vice documentary goes to.
    Saw that too, springer started out as a hot water heater in Cleveland

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks way better than the previous design !
    Curious about the quality

Get Adobe Flash player

Quality is most certainly gonna be the same. Rattly springs, shitty rocker bushings, flaky chrome. DNA means polished turd in Japanese.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shiftace View Post
    DNA means polished turd in Japanese.
    Chinese and Japanese = not the same thing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fucking Google translator gave me bad info. My apologies.

Get Adobe Flash player

These look pretty nice, something different. You can buy one of these up for under $400. I'll def pick up the wishbone one and put it to the test. I've never had any problems w/ DNA.... But, then again, I've never just un-boxed a part and bolted it to a bike.. Its always good practice to completely dismantle and rebuild it yourself. You never really know what you are getting, USA built or not.

"Three Two Choppers" is probably hating life right about now though.... http://www.threetwochoppers.com/WishboneKit.html

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rickybongos View Post
    These look pretty nice, something different. You can buy one of these up for under $400. I'll def pick up the wishbone one and put it to the test. I've never had any problems w/ DNA.... But, then again, I've never just un-boxed a part and bolted it to a bike.. Its always good practice to completely dismantle and rebuild it yourself. You never really know what you are getting, USA built or not.

"Three Two Choppers" is probably hating life right about now though.... http://www.threetwochoppers.com/WishboneKit.html
    Why should someone have to dismantle and rebuild a brand new part? I had a DNA that failed. I tried to be frugal and save dough on my first build and scooped one up. A shitty rocker bushing seized and snapped the bolt almost sending me to Valhalla. I was able to rodeo it to a stop. I switched to a Denvers and it was the best investment I ever made on that bike. There's too many good options out there for dudes to roll dice on these failure prone piles. Just my opinion here, not dogging on anyones choice. Buy it if you like it, wish you the best.

Why should someone have to dissounds to and rebuild a brand new part? I had a DNA that failed. I tried to be frugal and save dough on my first build and scooped one up. A shitty rocker bushing seized and snapped the bolt almost sending me to Valhalla. I was able to rodeo it to a stop. I switched to a Denvers and it was the best investment I ever made on that bike. There's too many good options out there for dudes to roll dice on these failure prone piles. Just my opinion here, not dogging on anyones choice. Buy it if you like it, wish you the best.
    A rocker bushing seizing and twisting the pivot stud sounds to me to be lack of lubrication.Who's responsibility is lubrication, The Manufacturer or the end user? Sounds to me the end user made a bad decision to run an unlubed front Springer fork and it broke.So your bad decision makes all their front ends junk?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by stumpnc View Post
    A rocker bushing seizing and twisting the pivot stud sounds to me to be lack of lubrication.Who's responsibility is lubrication, The Manufacturer or the end user? Sounds to me the end user made a bad decision to run an unlubed front Springer fork and it broke.So your bad decision makes all their front ends junk?
    They're bronze bushings. It was brand new out of the box. Cotter pins in the bolts which...to me.. means part is ready to run. Not ready for me to disassemble. Didn't have to rebuild my Denver, Paughco or 45 Parts depot repop either..none of those failed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Why should someone have to dismantle and rebuild a brand new part? I had a DNA that failed. .....
    As much as motorcycles are a work of art, we also ride them at 80mph. EVERY time you get on a bike, you put your life in the hands of the workmanship of whomever built it. This is why most people ride stock factory motorcycles. They go through rigorous testing before it hits the store, and they feel confident in its safety.
    We all know China has poor quality control factory standards. Japan has some of the best, followed by Germany. American falls somewhere in-between, but in the last 20 years has fallen back some...

The ONLY way to be fully sure that your custom chop is safe to ride, is to go through each part, as a factory would, before assembling. Then test it out on the road baby steps. After all, its your life on the line.. Of even worse if you plan to sell the bike to someone else... I'd go through a Denver's springer just the same as a DNA before putting it on one of my builds. Its just principle and good practice to hold a high standard.

Just something I always think about.

Get Adobe Flash player

Why should someone have to dismantle and rebuild a brand new part? I had a DNA that failed. I tried to be frugal and save dough on my first build and scooped one up. A shitty rocker bushing seized and snapped the bolt almost sending me to Valhalla. I was able to rodeo it to a stop. I switched to a Denvers and it was the best investment I ever made on that bike. There's too many good options out there for dudes to roll dice on these failure prone piles. Just my opinion here, not dogging on anyones choice. Buy it if you like it, wish you the best.
    Serious question...did you grease the rocker fittings before you rode it?

Get Adobe Flash player

There were no grease fitting anywhere on that springer. Never seen em on any springer other than H-D models in fact.

Share This