Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WingNut
    • Dec 2010

Internet tuff guy stuff!!!! Do me next!!! HIPSTER!!!! Gauges, beanie, thoat tat and stupid mustache! Should have been named Queens!

Comment

• XbrooklynX
      • Aug 2009

Queen is one of the best bands of all time. I wish my name was Queen.
      I changed my avatar to more represent my "hipster" self.

Comment

• DannySLC
        • Aug 2009

+1 on Queen being Tits Ass Supreme!
        Last edited by DannySLC; 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• XbrooklynX
          • Aug 2009

I was working at urban to be ironic! I told you that! Like the time you told me you were over circumcised. If i was a poser then why would i wear this hat? Simpson Sampson i stick by my story.

Comment

• DannySLC
            • Aug 2009

Yes...Cuban B.

Comment

• tobiism
              • Aug 2009

Look if you guys want to buy an inferior product that will require modification and more than likely fail on you to save a buck, thats on you. But If you guys think you are going to get the same quality in the VTwin kit as you get from the Led Sled kits you are beyond retarded. VTwin= chinese potmetal cast garbage, with a design ripped off of hardworking Americans. To blame the originator of the product for his price when you have no idea whats involved in product development and small facility production costs is assinine.

Look mods if you are going to delete this post at least say why.

Comment

• Pyrokustoms
                • Oct 2011

Dang..that sucks for the Led Sleds crew! There has been many cool parts over the last ten years or so copied by the "BIG" vendors. Ever see the snap on fork tube clamps to hold your brake lines on the tubes? Yea that was our little part back in 2002! What really stinks is to see something that you put you heart and soul into get stolen without even a mention that it was your idea and no finical gain at all. Sad
                Last edited by Pyrokustoms; 03-26-2014, 8:40 AM.

Comment

• offbeat
                  • May 2012

I don't really know shit about the legal system but how can they get away with this? I know china is always getting away with copyright infringement but V-twin is an american company, isn't it?

Comment

• Leiffireeater80
                    • Jan 2010

yeah if your in the market save a little more money and buy the real and better part from Led Sled. You'll be happier in the long run and we all know Pat spent a lot of time and money to make this happen. Support the dude, who knows maybe he'll then be able to support you.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by XbrooklynX
                      Get fucking real. Careful tossing around that H word, might insult the wrong person.
                      What's gonna happen?

It's like...

I don't know...

EXCITING!!!!

Hipster on Hipster Violence!

The H-word though isn't hipster handsome. It's something else...

Of course,

The New York times is far too mainstream for you...

Good luck...

We'll get the Ewoks warmed up...

Comment

• BMFC
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Braaap
                        hmmmm Brooklyn in the name, gauged ears, Bieber beanie, silly moustache, throat tat.... and you can't see why anyone would wanna kickstart their bike? bro... you're in danger of losing up to 35% of your hipster cred.

Best thing I read all day

Comment

• Sky
                          • Aug 2009

I don't give a shit about labels, just stay true to what you think is right. Like buying american and boycotting foreign junk.
                          Of course nothing is black and white and there are many shades of gray, Led Sled could have gone through the pat. process, but then the lawyers would have made him charge two large for it,and Taiwan Ted probably has more lawyers and, well you get the idea.
                          It should be hip to take the high road.
                          We used to call posers posers and a hep cat was a cool dude, BTW

Comment

• Avon
                            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by XbrooklynX
                            Firstly motherfucker my name is Brooklyn, its a family name i had no choice in the matter. And this coming from someone who lives in portland? Get fucking real. Careful tossing around that H word, might insult the wrong person. Secondly me and the OG poster are friends, he knows i wasnt insulting him.
                            Hey, XbrooklynX, WELCOME TO TROLL TOWN, A MUTUAL ADMIRATION CLUB. Don't waste your time with these prats. They're like the Croods, afraid of anything NEW. You can find good info here, just don't bother posting about anything new, it gets their hackles up and challenges their place in the pecking order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ratfink3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	1312645
                            Last edited by Avon; 08-18-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Sugarcubes
                              • Apr 2024

I had a v-twin kicker kit on my 79 ironhead. It wore out after about 5 years of solid use when the rivets on the ratchet gear broke off. I had a new plate riveted up and it resumed normal effective operation again for the best part of another 5 years, I sold it recently and from what I hear, its starting to fail again. So yeah, I guess if you buy cheap you aren't gonna get the same longevity. However, I am confused as to why Pat didn't patent his kit given the amount of time and effort he put into developing it. Sure patents run out but it might have got him a few more years of sales on his kit.

People will buy cheap more often than they will go high end, particularly for something like a retro kicker kit which they can use seldom as a back up.

Comment

• farmall
                                • Apr 2013

Patents and suits to defend them aren't cheap. Copyright is easier to defend but still money. That's why many inventors settle on "patent applied for" in hope of deterrence and because an actual patent is a specific target to work around or invalidate by finding applicable prior art.

As for rivets it's easy to spec aircraft grade rivets instead of soft shit where that's an issue or may become one.

This is a 2014 thread with no currently useful content. I know checking dates on a phone is hard because this board software renders them in white which apparently cannot be fixed, but best to look next time.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;