CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Braaap View Post
    hmmmm Brooklyn in the name, gauged ears, Bieber beanie, silly moustache, throat tat.... and you can't see why anyone would wanna kickstart their bike? bro... you're in danger of losing up to 35% of your hipster cred.

Best thing I read all day

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't give a shit about labels, just stay true to what you think is right. Like buying american and boycotting foreign junk.
    Of course nothing is black and white and there are many shades of gray, Led Sled could have gone through the pat. process, but then the lawyers would have made him charge two large for it,and Taiwan Ted probably has more lawyers and, well you get the idea.
    It should be hip to take the high road.
    We used to call posers posers and a hep cat was a cool dude, BTW

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by XbrooklynX View Post
    Firstly motherfucker my name is Brooklyn, its a family name i had no choice in the matter. And this coming from someone who lives in portland? Get fucking real. Careful tossing around that H word, might insult the wrong person. Secondly me and the OG poster are friends, he knows i wasnt insulting him.
    Hey, XbrooklynX, WELCOME TO TROLL TOWN, A MUTUAL ADMIRATION CLUB. Don't waste your time with these prats. They're like the Croods, afraid of anything NEW. You can find good info here, just don't bother posting about anything new, it gets their hackles up and challenges their place in the pecking order.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ratfink3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	96378
    Last edited by Avon; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:41 AM.

I had a v-twin kicker kit on my 79 ironhead. It wore out after about 5 years of solid use when the rivets on the ratchet gear broke off. I had a new plate riveted up and it resumed normal effective operation again for the best part of another 5 years, I sold it recently and from what I hear, its starting to fail again. So yeah, I guess if you buy cheap you aren't gonna get the same longevity. However, I am confused as to why Pat didn't patent his kit given the amount of time and effort he put into developing it. Sure patents run out but it might have got him a few more years of sales on his kit.

People will buy cheap more often than they will go high end, particularly for something like a retro kicker kit which they can use seldom as a back up.

Get Adobe Flash player

Patents and suits to defend them aren't cheap. Copyright is easier to defend but still money. That's why many inventors settle on "patent applied for" in hope of deterrence and because an actual patent is a specific target to work around or invalidate by finding applicable prior art.

As for rivets it's easy to spec aircraft grade rivets instead of soft shit where that's an issue or may become one.

This is a 2014 thread with no currently useful content. I know checking dates on a phone is hard because this board software renders them in white which apparently cannot be fixed, but best to look next time.

Share This