Maryland/NoVa/DC/Southern PA Tool/Skill Swap?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toast
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fad9567
    Reviving this old thread because I am new to CC. Just bought a stock xl1200n because my xs650 was giving my problems for a year and a half, when I get a garage I will do a tear down. I know the riding season only has a few more warm days (if any) but better late than never.

I am in NW DC (Petworth) also I have a brother that has a 78 kz400 that needs the wiring re-done. If anyone can help us out and trying to get it wired right please drop me a line.
    I don't know anything about wiring really. I know of a shop in Hagerstown, Full Circle V-Twin.

Comment

• JHK
      • Aug 2011

@ Fad: Figuring out wiring is like trying to build a space shuttle from scratch to me. I must have a learning disability.

However, there's a place in Kensington, MD (go straight down Connecticut Avenue from DC) called Myers Cycle Engineering. They work on all types of bikes. I've never taken mine there but I've talked to Deep a few times and he's a cool guy. He'll probably be the one who answers the phone. They have a very good reputation.

Cycle Connection in Damascus, MD (take 270 North). I have an old van I'm working on and was driving through some of the farm country up there and saw it, totally by accident. I looked them up out of curiosity and apparently they'll work on just about anything.

I don't know if this is much help, but . . .

I've asked this before but I'll try again -- anyone know anyone who does custom fab work? The DC area isn't exactly a mecca. Baltimore is a better bet, I'm sure.

Comment

• toast
        • Dec 2012

As mentioned above, I know that Full Circle V Twin in Hagerstown does fab work. They make custom tanks, do full ground up builds, etc. In Baltimore you've got the lowside garage, where you can do/learn fab work, or pay them for. Depending on what you need done, I may know a couple garage guys that could suit ya

Comment

• JHK
          • Aug 2011

@toast. Thanks for the recommendations. I just checked out Full Circle's website. Both Hagerstown and Baltimore are about 1.5 hours from me, so not bad. I did think of Lowside a long time ago so thanks for reminding me...

My metal fab needs are pretty simple: tall sissy bar to go with a seat I'm making and a funky upswept exhaust. Taking some inspiration from the "Swing-arm choppers -- cant they look good" thread. My bike, by the way, is a 94 Suzuki Intruder 1400. It's a nice platform that's not appreciated as much as it should be because it comes off the assembly line narrow, raked, and with a big engine. But it's a little bit of a pain in the ass compared to a Sporty, for example. The shaft drive is the big killer, if you want to hard tail, in my opinion.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;