Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakeyoung
    • Nov 2011

Evo Swedish Style

Only I'm not in Sweden, but TEXAS. A while back I got hit by some dumb lady in her PT cruiser on my sporty. These were some of the last photos I took of it. It could have been fixed, but I was in the market for a big twin, so I decided to cut my losses and take a check.

Sure did love that bike.

So I bought a new big twin. 1340cc evo in a paughco swedish style frame and a paughco narrow springer. It was pretty ugly but had potential.

Rode it the 2 hours home from Killeen with no real issues but it was super uncomfortable and its just too old man spec for me. Started ripping into it last night. Have some parts on the way to make it not suck as bad.

Frisco mids, alien tank, and a bunch of other stuff is in the mail. Same guy will be painting it. Also if anyone wants to buy these forward controls, or the seat, they are for sale or trade.
  • zekewulf
    • May 2013

I'm not only saying this as a proud swede, but that swedish style is fucking awesome.
    If you play your cards right you will have a sweet bike..

It looks like something out of a 70´s horror movie, a fire breathing godzilla..
    Not in a bad way

Great buy bro

Comment

• misfitJason
      • Sep 2009

Yes. Yes yes. I am watching

Comment

• slimpickins
        • Jun 2011

Well this looks like fun

Comment

• brooklynbomber
          • Sep 2011

FUCK YEA JAKE! Good to move on, shit happens, they are just motorcycles. You'll have fun stories and adventures on this one now.

Comment

• jakeyoung
            • Nov 2011

Yeah I'm stoked about moving into the big twin world. Got the tank mocked up today, big difference already.

Comment

• offbeat
              • May 2012

why is this called swedish style?

Comment

• snick
                • Sep 2009

That's gonna be sweet. Hope you like the frisco mids...I just put on forwards myself. Cory at maindrive was real good about supporting his product and walked me through a couple of tweaks that had to be made, so I know you can go right to the source, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Comment

• jackson1102
                  • Dec 2011

High up and out basically...long front end: (not gonna post direct pics but some examples)

Comment

• offbeat
                    • May 2012

Yeah, I'm familiar with what swedish style is, just curious why it's called that.

Comment

• zekewulf
                      • May 2013

Don't know if I got my facts straight but this is what I heard about the name "Swedish Style"-choppers.

Swedish style = clean, Scandinavian minimalistic and less is more, raked and long thin legs. Much like our ladies.

Back in the days (post WWII) bikers wanted to start to build more laidback bikes to make their bikes stand out from the bobbers.

Removing all shit from the bikes, rake it and put on long forks to make it ride like a sofa.

This was illegal in almost all countries including the us exept in Sweden. The loophole was that Americans could import Swedish bikes\frames with a lot of rake and long forks and ride them legal.

This is the only reason Sweden got on the chopper map with famous bike shops.

Hence the name Swedish Style.

I might be wrong tho

Comment

• offbeat
                        • May 2012

Interesting! Sorry for the derail!

Comment

• seaking
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jakeyoung

sorry about the evo, holy shit your garage is nice! makes mine look like a rat-hole. you know though, my cousin says nothing good ever comes from sweden (we're from there). Enya, the Hives, and that frame. They can keep them.

jk jk. you've gotta do something about the stance though, it sucks! are you gonna lace a 19 like snick did?

Comment

• jakeyoung
                            • Nov 2011

That garage photo is actually my parents house. My garage is a shithole. I just use their place sometimes.

And I dont mind the stance after seeing the bike with the tank on. But I plan on doing an 18 or a 19. Also, evos for life.

Comment

• SportyChops
                              • Apr 2024

I love that Sporty Jake, I've had a picture of that in my FB album for awhile now. Sorry to hear she got totaled. Nice work on your new BT also.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;