CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default I build things that aren't motorcycles!

i know I am new around these parts, but whatever.

I make shit that isn't related motorcycles and I love making things in general so I am eventually going to make things that are related to motorcycles, and likely in the very near future!

I make custom bicycle frames, not the cholo kind, but the racing and cruising kind.

in the mean time. I just launched my website for things that arent motorcycles and you should check it out.

http://www.lmnocycles.com

Get Adobe Flash player

just 1 photo ?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmtl View Post
    i know I am new around these parts, but whatever.

I make shit that isn't related motorcycles and I love making things in general so I am eventually going to make things that are related to motorcycles, and likely in the very near future!

I make custom bicycle frames, not the cholo kind, but the racing and cruising kind.

in the mean time. I just launched my website for things that arent motorcycles and you should check it out.

http://www.lmnocycles.com
    All I see here is a wicked sissy bar in the making.

ARBY

The website shows some excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Get Adobe Flash player

i am really stoked to make some sissy bars. it leaves so much room for awesome shit and at a bigger scale than on a bike which means you can do really, really rad stuff with it. even simple things like those lightning bolts on a larger scale are rad.

but yeah, i didn't want to just post a shit ton of pictures of my work because it varies and who the hell knows what you're interested in.

but i've got things like this:

to things like this

and little things like this

Get Adobe Flash player

I want to build a bike frame. Where do I start? Geometry, jigs etc. any sites for basics on that?

Seems like every time I run across a site that sells nice looking lugs the site doesn't work or they are no longer in business. Any links you can provide would be great.

Get Adobe Flash player

start by buying the Paterek manual.

then you can get everything you need for the frame itself from nova cycle supply.

you can build a frame with an oxy acetylene rig, string, hacksaw, files, and a vise. it won't be easy but it's doable.

the hardest thing is the oxy-actylene rig. if you don't have one, or have access to one it's basically impossible.

if you've got access to a tig welder then you're good but its a different type of frame and you'll definitely need a decent jig.

there a lot of ghetto jigs in the world to get a frame up together and straight, but you'll have to find the one that works best for your style.

i built my first frame in a closet in my apartment 9 years ago, i've jumped leaps and bounds since then.

So you're out of the closet.
    You'll fit right in.

Get Adobe Flash player

Right on, thanks for the info. I have everything to build them, but just need the know how with frame geometry and a jig. Just want to build some for myself.

I'll start with the manual.

Get Adobe Flash player

u can also look for frame jig parts available through BEOSC.COM or bitterendoldschoolchoppers.com and im sure they can tell u almost everything to know about building a frame jig i.built mine from scratch from 0.120 wall.2x4 i did what about 67 hardtails in it and than now I haven't used it for about a year and a half

Share This