Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepetitmtl
    • Dec 2013

I build things that aren't motorcycles!

i know I am new around these parts, but whatever.

I make shit that isn't related motorcycles and I love making things in general so I am eventually going to make things that are related to motorcycles, and likely in the very near future!

I make custom bicycle frames, not the cholo kind, but the racing and cruising kind.

in the mean time. I just launched my website for things that arent motorcycles and you should check it out.

• Revelator
    • Aug 2009

just 1 photo ?

Comment

• Ato
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lepetitmtl
      i know I am new around these parts, but whatever.

I make shit that isn't related motorcycles and I love making things in general so I am eventually going to make things that are related to motorcycles, and likely in the very near future!

I make custom bicycle frames, not the cholo kind, but the racing and cruising kind.

in the mean time. I just launched my website for things that arent motorcycles and you should check it out.

All I see here is a wicked sissy bar in the making.

Comment

• ARBY
        • Apr 2024

The website shows some excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Comment

• lepetitmtl
          • Dec 2013

i am really stoked to make some sissy bars. it leaves so much room for awesome shit and at a bigger scale than on a bike which means you can do really, really rad stuff with it. even simple things like those lightning bolts on a larger scale are rad.

but yeah, i didn't want to just post a shit ton of pictures of my work because it varies and who the hell knows what you're interested in.

but i've got things like this:

to things like this

and little things like this

Comment

• Ember
            • May 2010

I want to build a bike frame. Where do I start? Geometry, jigs etc. any sites for basics on that?

Seems like every time I run across a site that sells nice looking lugs the site doesn't work or they are no longer in business. Any links you can provide would be great.

Comment

• lepetitmtl
              • Dec 2013

start by buying the Paterek manual.

then you can get everything you need for the frame itself from nova cycle supply.

you can build a frame with an oxy acetylene rig, string, hacksaw, files, and a vise. it won't be easy but it's doable.

the hardest thing is the oxy-actylene rig. if you don't have one, or have access to one it's basically impossible.

if you've got access to a tig welder then you're good but its a different type of frame and you'll definitely need a decent jig.

there a lot of ghetto jigs in the world to get a frame up together and straight, but you'll have to find the one that works best for your style.

i built my first frame in a closet in my apartment 9 years ago, i've jumped leaps and bounds since then.

Comment

• Elltom
                • Apr 2012

So you're out of the closet.
                You'll fit right in.

Comment

• Ember
                  • May 2010

Right on, thanks for the info. I have everything to build them, but just need the know how with frame geometry and a jig. Just want to build some for myself.

I'll start with the manual.

Comment

• chopperty1
                    • Feb 2011

u can also look for frame jig parts available through BEOSC.COM or bitterendoldschoolchoppers.com and im sure they can tell u almost everything to know about building a frame jig i.built mine from scratch from 0.120 wall.2x4 i did what about 67 hardtails in it and than now I haven't used it for about a year and a half

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;