Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tcmax
    • Aug 2013

I've ran into the same problem. When I first bought my bike I thought I could make it look as cool as the older ones. But they just don't have the same flow. Especially with the blocky and powder coated engine. You can still make them look good though in their own way.

Here is my dyna

Comment

• mpybkk
      • Dec 2013

@Tcmax - This defiantly closer to what I am thinking. The boxy motor will kill any sort of "vintage" feel that is for sure, but I am ok with that. Small trade off for the stability of a EVO or CVO model…I think your bike is looking damn nice for a Dyna really, very interesting considering you still have your rear struts and a longer rear fender.

Did you drop your rear shocks and front fork down? The seat looks great too, custom? If you did drop your suspension and forks, does it still ride fairly nice, say in comparison to riding a sportster XL1200?

Comment

• Tcmax
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mpybkk
        @Tcmax - This defiantly closer to what I am thinking. The boxy motor will kill any sort of "vintage" feel that is for sure, but I am ok with that. Small trade off for the stability of a EVO or CVO model…I think your bike is looking damn nice for a Dyna really, very interesting considering you still have your rear struts and a longer rear fender.

Did you drop your rear shocks and front fork down? The seat looks great too, custom? If you did drop your suspension and forks, does it still ride fairly nice, say in comparison to riding a sportster XL1200?
        Thanks man, the bike is dropped 2.5 inches all around . My setting are on the stiffest and it definitely stiffer but not uncomfortable. The seat is. A rigid seat I made and modified to fit the dyna. Ridden 300 miles with no discomfort

Comment

• lvvato
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mpybkk
          I was curious, is it possible to get a Dyna (evo generation, around 1995) to look like a Shovel?
          Representing Shovel owners everywhere, NO!

Comment

• coachstorms
            • Mar 2024

The Ghetto Thunderbird, Dan Collin at Old Gold Garage built it.
            Attached Files

Comment

• surfbum
              • Aug 2011

can it look like a shovel? no. Can it be a bad ass dyna? yes.

Comment

• bnalm11b
                • Nov 2010

if your wanting that "shovel frame look" with and Evo, then the best bet is a 84-86 fx series. They came with a 4 speed kicker and a Evo engine. They made Super Glides & Wide Glides, but thats all I know of. Possibly other models I'm not familiar with.
                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...