Thread of the Day: The "I'll never finish this bike" build ('93 VLX)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeonBlackTurtle
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by blackny97gsx
    Son, your bike is a legend. You took it to the next level with that king and queen seat. I'm hacking up a vlx also, and your ride is one of the main reasons I decided to chop into my old honda instead of just sell it for nothing. Do you know how much you lowered yours when you hardtailed it? It looks like you used a 1" square tube to replace the mono-shock. Do you remember the length you used? Also, did you keep your fuel pump or go straight from tank to carbs?
    Yea he definitely used a 1" square tubing that is 10" long. And yes you can go straight from tank to carbs. Some keep the fuel filter, some don't. It is up to you.

Comment

• NeonBlackTurtle
      • Apr 2017

Do you have a guide, or pictures on how to mount the mid pegs? I also would like to know how you make the clutch cable work with the pegs.
      I'm digging the progress.

Comment

• son
        • Nov 2012

Sup Chopcult,

It's been a while since I've posted. Been extremely busy with work and life. I recently finished my Shovelhead for our annual Lnsplt Build Off.
        If you've been following this thread, then you should know I bought the Shovelhead about 2 years ago. I named it The Grizzly since it has been hibernating for the past years haha. Anyways, enough talking. Here are some pictures.

Before..

After...

Comment

• son
          • Nov 2012

Made a quick video of the transformation of Rusty over the time. Enjoy

Comment

• LisaBallard
            • Jul 2009

Great thread and video. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• son
              • Nov 2012

Rusty's current look

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;