Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 61xlh
    • Nov 2010

3 dollars a gallon too much?

try this . runs on wood. dont know the particulars, but......
  • gray
    • Aug 2012

More like 4 dollars where I'm from.

Comment

• TimberwolfFXDL
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by 61xlh
      try this . runs on wood. dont know the particulars, but......
      http://www.buzzhunt.co.uk/
      Got an actual link to whatever the article it is? That link just takes us to the main page for buzz hunt, which is about 600 pages of blogged stuff. Did a search for "wood" there, and still nothing came up that would indicated something running on wood.

Comment

• scottyj1
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by gray
        More like 4 dollars where I'm from.
        shit,4 bux is a bargain compared to 8.00 a gallon for 108 octane unleaded pure gas no ethenol.I use 1 gallon to 2 1/2 gallons of 93 octane 2 times a month just to clean out the carbon.

Comment

• gray
          • Aug 2012

I don't think the OP was talking about 108 octane.

Comment

• GreY2231
            • Dec 2013

Lol. Where I live for just normal gas I pay 8$ a gallon. But then I live in Europe and we pay per liter (3.8l per gallon and Euro exchange rate is 1.39) damn exchange rate fucks my VA money up quick. But I also can't find the OP's link.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• blackscootsociety
              • Dec 2012

I dunno about running anything other than a steam or heat engine on wood, but I go here for ideas to save fuel with my 4 wheelers. Some of it would work for bikes too like final drive ratio, frontal area, and weight savings.
              EcoModder.com - DIY fuel economy mods, hypermiling, and ecodriving for better MPG

Beware of 'Jack the Hack' over there though! Please don't use drywall screws to attach stuff to your car!

Comment

• TerrorFirmer
                • May 2011

This economical method requires a shitty neighbor, piece of fuel line and a fuel receptacle.. all of which you already have.

photo ZSGXG_zpsdc9f8728.jpg

Comment

• 53Bash
                  • Jan 2013

Wood gas autos are kinda cool, but I'm not sure what the environmental impact would be if they were popular. Don't they wreck cat cons?

I've considered installing a low pressure natural gas bag in the rear of the pickup, and amazingly I got the wife's consent. Its got a cap, so could hold a ~100 cubic foot bag. Which apparently is equal to maybe 2 gallons of petrol, so I'd want some way to cut back to using petrol for longer trips, or maybe I'd just rig it up so I can cut in the lpng while cruising on the highway, to save a few gallons when driving across town (which I do a lot). I dunno, maybe wood gas would be more practical.

The old-timers on these pictures are not moving furniture or an oversized load. What can be seen on the roof is the fuel tank of the vehicle - a balloon filled with uncompressed gas.

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

A gas bag is begging for deterioration and leakage besides being an absurd waste of space for the minimal gas contained and unprotected in a crash. They were a response to inadequate fuel gas handling technology but because they could be inflated by mains pressure from a local gasometer they were used.

Turnkey bi-fuel kits are available for modern vehicles.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;