Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve73
    • Dec 2012

How to: Revive your aged saddle in 1 minute

We all do winter projects like painting your frame. But what to do when you saddle up and the aged fabric might not match the look of your newly painted or powder coated frame?

[IMG][/IMG]

Get yourself some Fabric Coating of course, 1 minute later your saddle is revived!
    wait 30 minutes and your back on the road! The final product is in no way slippery either like what you get when you use armor all or similar treatment products.

Cheers!
  • IndianaSlim
    • Jan 2013

Now, do those actually go on a bike, or are they just purdy wall hangers?

Comment

• steve73
      • Dec 2012

They actually go on my bike, sun was out yesterday so they look way more wet than dry in a pic than in real life. my bike is in pieces right now and found my can of fabric paint, so i was bored and let loose now my saddle looks brand new but clearly is not. this is the 2nd bike I've done this to and will do it again and again in the future. simple vinyl paint thats it, i used one made by duplicolor.

Comment

• TurnerR
        • Aug 2011

Does it wear off on your pants? I'd rather have an old seat than a black stain on my jeans every time I ride.

Comment

• Dieselchanic
          • Aug 2011

You guys wear pants?

Comment

• Dec 2012

Ive used this before . It works ok but will crack overtime . Once its dry its not sticky or tacky .

Comment

• steve73
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by TurnerR
              Does it wear off on your pants? I'd rather have an old seat than a black stain on my jeans every time I ride.
              I have never had anything come off on my pants. my last bike i did this to the seat to make it look newer before i rode it to Vegas and back in the hottest part of summer. when i rode into Vegas it was 110! rode 1,100 miles in 2 days time and seat was great! loved it...

Comment

• TimberwolfFXDL
                • Nov 2013

I changed the color of the convertible top on my car many years ago using this same stuff. Went from tan to black. Worked like a charm. Never rubbed off or anything, and took about 3 years before I gave it another coat.

Comment

• Choppasaki
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by dieselchanic
                  you guys wear pants?
                  hah!

Comment

• KurseD
                    • Apr 2010

I just used the exact same Duplicolor on a Toyota pickup bench seat. Looked great and cheap, only problem is it rubs off easily over time.

If I ever did it again, which I probably won't, I'd go with a better brand name like SEM or something.

Comment

• some1else
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by TurnerR
                      it might hide my shit stains so it would be an added bonus

Comment

• RedemptionMotorcycles
                        • Apr 2012

I used similar fabric paint on an old Herman Miller shell chair. It was crusty and a funky '70's orange color. Painted it black 5 years ago and it still looks new. Hasn't faded or rubbed off yet.

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Good idea. I have a couple of those Herman Millers and was wondering what to do with them since the fabric is fucked.

Comment

• backwithabang
                            • May 2011

another quick tip...selling a car with dog hair or salt stains or faded carpet? just spray that shit all over it... looks brand new and kills any stank too... works on fabric seats also.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;