Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JR51
    • Oct 2013

dual headlight wiring. '74 shovel

Trying to run these duals. Need some wiring advice.

See pics. Both headlight have only 1 black wire. Strange to me there is no ground?
    Bulbs are both 6v / 45 w

Running a 12 V battery.

What's the best way to wire these 2 lights into the 1 16gauge wire I have running to bars?
    Coming direct from ignition. No on/off switches or hi beam
    Attached Files
  • lowlife32
    • Feb 2011

The lights are probably grounded through the body, mine are. Im running duals with only 1 wire from the switch. I spliced 2 in a butt connector, worked fine all summer. If you don't like that idea they also make a 3-way butt connector. Can probably find it most anywhere, lowes, napa, autozone, etc.

Comment

• JR51
      • Oct 2013

Thanks. Got them mounted last night. Going to wire today.
      Attached Files

Comment

• gsand
        • Aug 2010

If you're keeping the 6v globes then you will need to wire them in series so the globes don't get cooked with 12v. However then you have no control of the lights and if one blows you're in the dark.

I run two old rectangle spotlights lights on my shovel, both have 55v 12v globes. I have one running off the key switch and the other light direct to the battery with a fuse and it's own switch. That way if I'm cruising out in the country at night and a headlight blows for some reason, I have another light to use and nobody dies

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;