CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default What to use for helmet lining!?

I have started to CNC a mold to make custom fiberglass helmets. The shell and paint are accounted for.

I am just wondering if anybody knows where I can find the rubber / plastic piping used to line the edges of the glass with.

I'd also like to buy some with the chrome trim.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Get Adobe Flash player

First off, this isn't the right place for questions. They designed this tread for how-to's I guess.
    Secondly, I have used door egde guard from an automotive supplier for edging on helmets in the past. Comes in alot of colours and even chrome.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks,

I figured with an answer this thread would become a good how to. We will see.

Jetblack

Unless you go through the rigorous DOT and other safety approval processes like SNELL etc. you're just going to be making novelty helmets... so liner material can be whatever. I think it's an interesting project you've got in mind, but ABS is the way to go in helmets much lighter and easy on the neck... the effort to produce in a heavily saturated market with strict laws regarding the safety of helmets and turn a profit seem all but impossible, If you haven't I would really suggest reading up on all you can if you plan to make and sell them, if it's just for you or a limited run as a novelty then yeah no biggie but time materials and cost to produce... if you price them too high someone will say fuck that I'll just buy a DOT approved one instead, too low and you're making them for free, and in the middle there are imported ones DOT approved... so motorcycle market helmets? probably a horrible idea. But hey bmx, skateboard, snowboard markets? You might can wrangle some kind of foothold there.

Share This