Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackIrish
    • Nov 2013

DIY air filter help

Ok so I want to put one of those badass looking forward facing aircharger air filters on a 2003 sportster 1200...wondering if anyone has any info on a cheaper version or how hard it would be to make one. I'm a welder/ metal worker so I can do the brackets and the right angle pipe but is there more to it like sensors and shit??? Anything? Any help? Thanks guys
  • scuzzy
    • Sep 2013

No sensors on carbs man just support the carb make a mount on the right angle hose clam with a k&n or something of the like you should be good to go man.

Comment

• Hysteria42
      • Feb 2011

3/8" stainless flange was cut out by a friend on a laser, but there are probably other ways to get it done. Stainless elbow from McMaster-Carr for about 12 bucks. K&N filter for about 50 bucks. This one fits the original butterfly Keihin, so I had to make an adapter to run it on the CV.

Comment

• BlackIrish
        • Nov 2013

Thanks for the help guys, I'll post an update once I get to work on this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BlackIrish
          • Nov 2013

DIY air filter help

Wait a minute...just realized I don't know what size the pipe has to be??? Anyone know the Outside diameter of the pipe I need for a k&n filter or I guess any filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hysteria42
            • Feb 2011

Measure the inlet of your carb. A CV is approximately 2-1/8", so use an elbow with an i.d. closest to that. You want "tubing" not "pipe". Tubing is measured by the o.d., pipe is measured by the i.d. Here's a link to the elbow I used, but the price went up since I built mine.
            McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

• Hysteria42
              • Feb 2011

K&N makes all different sizes of filters, go to their website and search by size & shape.
              Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

Comment

• BlackIrish
                • Nov 2013

Thanks a lot man really appreciate all the help

Harley Fucking Davidson

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;