Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KT
    • Aug 2009

My 70 Triumph chop

Hey all new here thought I'd hang out here throw up some pics of the bikes and enjoy others bikes and stories.... Enuff of that here we go My Triumph

.40 over domed pistons
    165 intake valves
    dual 389 monoblocs 230 needles velocity stacks
    64 inner gear cover so I can run a gear drive speedo at the gear box
    All polished and balanced bottom end..
    Older heavier flywheel for low torque
    hopped up cams
    kevlar clutch with aluminum clutch basket
    16 inch MT 90 rear
    50's ariel oil tank
    Norton oil filter housing
    Boyer ignition
    2 6volt coils runnning in series
    msd streetfire 8mm graphite plugwires
    drag specialties seat
    epoxy flat black with ppg base coat clear coat so gloss black on flat black

I have a set of original borrani rims for this bike aluminum and match set with a 16 rear and 19 front I need to lace and get on the bike.

Also I have been dealing with a tempermental head gasket that just didnt want to seal I am in the process of lappin the head now to deal with some warpage.

All in all though here is some pics and a couple small vids I made when I first got it together right before mid ohio......Enjoy

Here is the bike when I first got it ...Shed Fresh LOL

And here is ya a vid

Kepp the pics coming of ya bikes cool to see what everyone is working on and riding .....Later
  • bhead1968
    • Aug 2009

very cool man..congrats.. you notch the fins on the head?

Comment

• KT
      • Aug 2009

Yea I cut the fins to give it something different and to help move the heat off the head ... I didnt know it at the time but I guess it's a old trick ... Was a touchy thing to do to much and your fins can crack or break Thanks for the reply

Comment

• beezerglide
        • Aug 2009

bad ass bike sounds good too

Comment

• KT
          • Aug 2009

Had blown headgasket in the video there I just got it fixed today lapped the head new gaskets annealed everything and put it together .... Broke my .002 feeler gauge off under the inlet tappet while adjusting the valve ... Had to take a piece of metal and stick it in the hole with some red grease on it and loosen the tappet and catch the piece of the gauge ...Then like the game of operation pull it out without losing the piece in the rocker box ...

Trying to get it tuned in now that the head is set good the carbs are acting up ...Think I need to either get smaller needle or drop em a notch ..You can turn the set screw in all the way and the bike never changes its running .....But all in all it is back together .................................................. .....Thanks for the compliments

Comment

• boogieman
            • Aug 2009

Boyer! WHAT!!! No Lucas?

Looks good, I really dig this bike!

Comment

• KT
              • Aug 2009

Yea Lucas had to get the big elbow ...

Well to report I had to do more frankenstien work ... I ended up twisting the pilot jet off in one of the 389's so seeing I had 2 brand new 930's off come the monos and on goes the cons ....
              I dont think the monoblocs have ever been right on this bike.....

Now this is where it got nice and kinda a WTF situation ....I had bought mono cables and there wasnt enough loose cable to let the slide in the cons drop ...

So I had to take a pair of side cuts and cut away at the black spiral case that goes around the cable ..Finally got 1/2 inch removed from both cables and the slides can now drop all the way ....So now I am trying to get the carbs tuned for high end ...I am good till I crack it past half throttle at that point it starts poppin and cutting out .. I checked the plugs it looks to be running lean ....My guess is that I need to raise the main needle a notch if that doesnt cure it then maybe bigger needles .....

Ah the shit never ends I have a feeling I am gonna be all this riding year just getting this bike straighten out ....One thing about it , I will have touched every bolt wire and what have you several times LOL

Comment

• KT
                • Aug 2009

Holy main jets batman

Well I decided to rewire the bike to neg ground and fix this whole led problem ..boy did that open up a mess of things finally got it figured out damn socket that holds the bulb isnt indexed right for the post on the bulbs ....Was getting light but no stop light with the led or a regular bulb ....

Then I decided to tear the carbs apart Found that the mono's had a 330 main jet and the con's have a 230 main both to big ....So I need to sleep then go up to the garage and go thru these other mono's I have I know they have 170 mains .....So once I sleep pulled a all nighter LOL .....It is fix the tail plug hide wiring change mains put the carbs back on and pinstripe the tins ...... Plus try to figure out if I want to take on this pre unit I have on the burner ..... well Laters

Comment

• KT
                  • Aug 2009

pinstripping

Here is the pinstripping got it done today ...Ended up the other Mono's have 270 jets so i'm going to order 190s monday ...

Comment

• KT
                    • Aug 2009

Comment

• KT
                      • Aug 2009

set the tank on it so I could see how the stripeing looked

Waiting on jets for the carbs ...

Last edited by KT; 09-01-2009, 1:16 PM.

Comment

• dannyb
                        • Aug 2009

where can i get a cool tank parcel grid like that?

Comment

• KT
                          • Aug 2009

I just sold one a month ago cheap 10 bucks I think ....I just blasted that one and painted it ..I powder coated the one on the first triumph I built ....I like to black them out and use new screws all shiny and silver ....If your gonna paint it just watch ebay ...but you can buy em for like 30 or so I think new and shiny

Comment

• KT
                            • Aug 2009

More pics now that is is pinstriped and all back together
                            I'm sure some are tired of seeing the same bike I just like it more and more I do to it

Comment

• KT
                              • Aug 2009

Here I throwed some artsie stink on it lol

Not a bike or anything but was a cool pic none the less

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...