CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: My XS Build

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default My XS Build

I bought a XS650 last December wanting to start a custom bobber project. I picked up the bike pretty cheap here in south Texas jumping into it blind the ugly ass bike didnt run but still had good compression so I knew it was on. The guy I bought the bike off of tried to up the price cause he had a "fresh" rattle can paint job and "custom" plywood seat none of that really gave me a wow factor of coarse. Im pushing a year into the build now and i just got the beast fired up for the first time so you can imagine how stoked I am to finish this bike properly named "Quazimoto". Here are some pictures if the progress so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G0020092.jpg   G0090076.jpg   G0130121.jpg   G0410237.jpg   GOPR0140.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default progress

a little more progress in these pictures shaved the lowers, my Pamco Ignition installed, and the arrival of my Ardcore Ardtail!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5901.jpg   IMG_5906.jpg   IMG_5924.JPG   IMG_5952.jpg   IMG_5964.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default more progress times flying

Frame chopped lookin like a Picasso piece. Engine back buckled up lookin good with one of the stock BS38's on the 2 into 1 wiseguy chopper intake definitely not using this stock carb on this engine. Ardtail mocked up ready to weld together everything on my bed frame stand at the moment. New tank on bungs welded in looking great got some wheels on now i have a roller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5996.jpg   IMG_6049.jpg   IMG_6132.jpg   IMG_7235.jpg   IMG_7313.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Gettin close

Betty and Quazimoto making friends Quazi is officially a roller. New engine gaskets all the way around and coil mounted and wires made. Picked up a couple lights from a VW swap meet got lucky. XS project gettin close to be on the road and done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7314.jpg   IMG_7325.jpg   IMG_7395.JPG   IMG_7447.jpg   IMG_7625.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Got it Fired!!!!

I got the brackets for the foot pegs made and bent to fit . Got some wire and a fuse cluster for my wiring lights and ignition. Headlight bracket made and FML i broke a bolt off into the bottom tree man trying to mount the bracket. On a positive note I got it fired for the first time ever soooooo stoked man i drank more than a few that night for sure!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7424.jpg   IMG_7627.jpg   IMG_7629.jpg   IMG_7672.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Sweet! I really like the lights. Do you know what you're doing for bars yet?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pinned View Post
    Sweet! I really like the lights. Do you know what you're doing for bars yet?
    Man i have an idea of what i want but i dont know if im going to be able to make em myself. I found a guy on Instagram that would make some for me how i want them but even then im not sure if i want any more than a 4" rise. Down here in south Texas it gets pretty windy and rollin with apes is kinda tough. I found a set of lane splitters here on the classifieds that are pretty sweet so idk man either short in curvy or short and semi drag bar semi lane splitter style.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Progress is the name of the game

My beautiful girlfriend bought me a new Shinko rear tire for our 3 year anniversary!! Made linkage for my rear drum break and got it mocked up and ready to roll. With my spare metal I made some gussets bout to fire up the welder and lay some beads down!! A few more things nocked off the list still have a few things to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7722.jpg   IMG_7751.jpg   IMG_7786.jpg   IMG_7833.jpg   IMG_7694.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

How did you like the Ardtail and was it as easy to install as they claim? I'm going to be ordering a tail in the next month or 2 to get rolling on my xs once we move into the new house and that one is deffinetly on the radar.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Ato View Post
    How did you like the Ardtail and was it as easy to install as they claim? I'm going to be ordering a tail in the next month or 2 to get rolling on my xs once we move into the new house and that one is deffinetly on the radar.
    Man I really like my choice on getting the Ardcore Ardtail it was easy and is the safest tail u can get. It uses the engine as a jig and it also holds everything together as u tack it up. A great buy for sure customer service was dope I felt with Jon Ard personally real nice guy and helped me out with any questions I had

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Time for teardown

License plate/tail light bracket made and lookin good. I got the XS engine out ready for a good cleaning and final polish while the frame and rims are off getting powder coated. The rear break linkage is spring loaded now ready to roll. I welded the gussets in and smoothed everything out too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7865.jpg   IMG_7848.jpg   IMG_7869.jpg   IMG_7871.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Almost on the Road

Its been a while but Ive been busy! I got my tank primed and Im brainstorming on paint colors and schemes going to be buying the metal flake and candy here in the next week or so. I bought a few more parts from TC Bros so Im ready to work. I built my exhaust and it came out exactlyhow i wanted I havnt seen it done before so Im stoked on how it came out! You like what you see lemme know I can get you one made up. Im in the process of looking for some dope handlebars if you have any or can build me a set that ive got in mind get at me Ive been lookin everywhere!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8237.jpg   IMG_8213.jpg   IMG_8370.jpg   IMG_8371.jpg   IMG_8376.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Custom Exhaust Build

This is the exhaust i had up in the dome and i was able to play it out exactly how i wanted to. Going to end up wrapping the pipes with titanium wrap cant wait to see the finished product. Like i said in the previous post if you'd like a set for your XS let me know Ill build u a pair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8377.jpg   IMG_8378.jpg   IMG_8381.jpg   IMG_8387.jpg   IMG_8388.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's a good front view of my exhaust pretty clean lines. Guess what front tire Ill be running?!?!?!?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8396.jpg   IMG_8203.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my tins painted gonna strip my bike down and paint the frame and get ready to reassemble everything and get it on the road!!!! #artandfuel #custompaint #candypaint

Omar Ramos
    @Huckstr
    Rowdy House Customs

Get Adobe Flash player

WOW! That paint job is sick! Did you do that? Im a huge sucker and fan of just about anything green. Love it!!

Get Adobe Flash player

You're killing it bro! Can't wait to see it all together on the bike..

Get Adobe Flash player

Hippie459mn thanks a LB man lol I hear u. Yea I did the paint myself it was my first one came out pretty good not perfect but pretty dam close I'll take it!! Dieselchanic thanks man!!! I'm blasting the frame today and getting it primed and ready for paint hopefully be putting it back together this coming week

Omar Ramos
    @Huckstr
    Rowdy House Customs

Get Adobe Flash player

Cleared and in the sun 😎

Omar Ramos
    @Huckstr
    Rowdy House Customs

Get Adobe Flash player

Your first go at painting anything like this? Holy crap! Turned out killer man.

Share This