Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XSGLENN
    • Sep 2013

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• disturbed1
      • May 2013

Was going to buy a new speed master for Christmas now I'm gonna check out the street 750 54 HP nearly 100 lbs lighter than a sporty , plus I recon you do a bit of twee king. This thing could net maybe 80 HP , the moco got it right

Comment

• BornFast
        • Nov 2013

Huh...
        Honestly I can't believe there r as many positive responses to this concept on this site???
        Maybe I'm stuck in my minimalist mentality, but if its got a fucking radiator hanging off the down tubes it sure as fuck ain't a bobber or a chopper for that matter.

Chop cult - not tech cult.

You want a radiator go buy yourself a goldwing and keep driving. Don't turn around, don't come back.... Just keep going.

For the rest of us there is always vintage, and if tech is your thing throw down on an S&S or the likes. Furthermore the thousands of efi bikes out there will do just fine as carb converted air cooled motors for the next 50 years.

After that when Ill be dead and in the ground and some fucker is gonna be all stoked on the new release of the next hover bike....

Those stars wars storm trooper bikes were actually kinda cool I guess.
        Last edited by BornFast; 11-06-2013, 6:40 PM.

Comment

• pointdogg48
          • Dec 2011

these bikes looks dorky. and i wonder of how all the people planning on chopping one of these out are going to deal w/ the big hurdle of those ugly ass water coolers. which is why i like vintage bikes. they just look sexy when stripped down.

Comment

• xllance
            • Mar 2024

There's the new Stepping Ston....er..I mean Sportster.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
              • Apr 2010

Progress, if they run long, why not.

Comment

• Grantman
                • Aug 2012

I might get one for my wife, not my "cup of tea" so to speak, even though I guess it does make hot water. I just don't see how to chop one, but people do strip down goldwings. So I guess if you're determined you can do just about anything.

Comment

• duke182
                  • Jan 2012

Harleys water buffalo.
                  It will be interesting to see how its recieved on the showroom floor.
                  Will the buying public accept them or not
                  Time will tell.

Comment

• zolch
                    • Mar 2013

I cant wait to try out the new air conditioning option!! Im gonna order mine with the supreme sound sub woofer package!!.

Comment

• MoeFoe
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by zolch
                      I cant wait to try out the new air conditioning option!! Im gonna order mine with the supreme sound sub woofer package!!.
                      I Want Mine With The Purple LED Option too!

Boys and Girls, as always we are going to draw a line in the sand. It's all about marketing. H-D needs "Starter" bike(s), this is one of the areas where they have always struggled. Sportsters have always been Sportsters. They have Improved greatly over the years but...

Looks like to me they are continuing their down hill slide. Just in case you're not aware the Twin-Cams are throw-a ways. (Google "Harley & The Sweet Years"). With the Revolution hell it looks like an entire Throw-a-way. What you're going to find is the New stuff is going to hit Rock bottom while the Evo, Shovel, Pan and Knuckles are going to increase in price. If you love it Buy It, I'll continue to Ride and Repair my old bikes.

Last edited by MoeFoe; 11-12-2013, 3:27 PM.

Comment

• bobscogin
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by MoeFoe

Looks like to me they are continuing their down hill slide. Just in case you're not aware the Twin-Cams are throw-a ways. (Google "Harley & The Sweet Years"). With the Revolution hell it looks like an entire Throw-a-way. What you're going to find is the New stuff is going to hit Rock bottom while the Evo, Shovel, Pan and Knuckles are going to increase in price. If you love it Buy It, I'll continue to Ride and Repair my old bikes.

We live in a Throw-Away, planned obsolescence society. Harley has to play by those rules or they become a dinosaur. Your refusal to buy a new bike because the old ones can be rebuilt time after time is proof that Harley needs to build bikes that get thrown out every few years. That's how the business is perpetuated. 20 somethings don't care about repair-ability. They need cheap, they need it now, and when it breaks they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.

Bob

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

The Jap bikes of the 1980s despite constant model changes (which are really what kills keeping a bike for many years because the aftermarket has limited return on tooling up to make spares for them) have held up rather well for what they are. Their engineering was generally excellent but what made them "disposable" was they were sophisticated AND changed models often. Those changes accelerated motorcycle technology and performance tremendously and riders benefited.

More recently, Twinkies have been in production long enough you can build a complete drivetrain from aftermarket parts and that sure as shit isn't due to engineering excellence! They are disposable because they are standard and plentiful. Small-block Chevy and Ford engines are also disposable nowadays, though designed to be rebuilt. Modern production methods make crate engines a better deal for many users.

If HD chooses a long production run for its new line (that's been good ROI in the past) there is no particular reason it won't be supported. Motorcycles are a breeze to work on compared to automobiles, yet millions of mechanics repair and overhaul cars and trucks every year. Water jacketed engines are more than a century old. It ain't fancy technology.

Comment

• MoeFoe
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by bobscogin
                            We live in a Throw-Away, planned obsolescence society. Harley has to play by those rules or they become a dinosaur. Your refusal to buy a new bike because the old ones can be rebuilt time after time is proof that Harley needs to build bikes that get thrown out every few years. That's how the business is perpetuated. 20 somethings don't care about repair-ability. They need cheap, they need it now, and when it breaks they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.

Bob
                            Bob I'll agree with what you said but... Farmers and Poor People know something many Rich Folks don't, "How To Fix Their Broke Shit". Not a Damn thing wrong with Gold Card H-D Owners but I cut my teeth on the early Harley's when you almost had to be a Damn Mo-Canic to ride the poorly engineered/built shit they put out. Most of us Ol' Guys are going to continue ridding what we have. When you find a Twin-Cam mixed in my bikes, call the Police (cause I stole it and was Drunk).

I remember the rumors of the Porsche/H-D engine development back in the late 70's. I'm all for newer, better and Faster H-D's. Just don't go back to ball bearing cranks with mega run-out on the cranks, having to spray oil on the pistons to keep them from seizing and blowing up. Cheap is good too but there's a limit. When a lifter takes a Crap and you have to throw away the engine case to repair it... Thanks but No Thanks.

Comment

• zolch
                              • Mar 2013

Damn, after checking it all out, and i dont even know why, that is a butt ass ugly bike. Pretty soon you will be hearing id rather be seen on a vespa than a street

Comment

• CaptCaveman
                                • Jul 2012

I might buy one used after a couple of years but I want to see how they hold up first because I'm too old to be an experimental animal.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;