Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicolejlapp
    • Apr 2024

Amazing article, Do you have the best business ideas that make money. If you have good idea, So please tell

Comment

• Hubbard
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by WingNut
      500 and 750 water cooled Harley's with SOA looks right out of the box.
      http://street.harley-davidson.com/?s...ent&camp_id=16
      the end came when they quit makin shovelheads. everything after is fuckin plastic junk

Comment

• markwade74
        • Mar 2012

I find it funny this popped up out of nowhere due to spam.

I absolutely understand the above mentality and it was mine for many many years but recently I decided to give something new a try.

About a month ago I picked up one of these little turds and have absolutely beat the shit out of it for 2000 miles as of tonight.. Rough miles. The only thing ive been able to tear up on it was a $20 clutch cable. I chalk it up to piss poor maintenance by the PO and myself. So what if they are water cooled, jesus fuggin christ.

It is an absolute smile machine and I couldnt be happier. Under 5k with a 2 yr full warranty. They want out because our mentalities and traditions, and these things are being given away.

Dont paint yourself in a corner or be afraid to give something different a try. Just ride and enjoy. You might surprise yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish_20210922_230938495.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	1320266
        Last edited by markwade74; 09-24-2021, 9:24 PM.

Comment

• Hubbard
          • Dec 2010

I ride something different everyday. 1927,1949,1954,1974,1975,1974 again,1954again.Harley died when they quit givin a fuck about the product and the people.Like so many other companies. My warranty is in my work.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

What got me was after I picked up the '56 Panhead and went to the dealer for some parts. Been going to this guy since the 70's and he always had parts for damn near any year. But no when I went in this time, nothing but Evo and newer parts anymore. And NO 1/4-24 screws or bolts. If you gonna make a standard then support it!

DAMN! ! ! !

One of the great things about Harleys was the dealer network and the parts. But thankfully there are enough aftermarket places and OEM parts out there.

Comment

• JaimeFlores
              • Apr 2024

It's a new way to start a thread and it attracts more of us but I also think the end is near because of new water cooled Harley's. This is new in harley but we all know this harley will produce some cool little looks. Check this sociological research questions examples should give your research purpose and help you understand what problem you’re trying to address. For instance, sociological questions about race would channel your research on the aspect of racism that you aim to tackle.

Comment

• Cimino289
                • Sep 2018

Threads like this always make me laugh. People have been saying the end is near for the MOCO since the beginning pretty much. Any company that survives a depression 2 world wars and every other domestic competition is bound to adapt or die. They’ve made it so far. It may not be the old Harley but between bullshit epa regs and what the public asks for it couldn’t stay the same. That damn Street model didn’t stick around though lol.

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                  • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Cimino289
                  Threads like this always make me laugh. People have been saying the end is near for the MOCO since the beginning pretty much. Any company that survives a depression 2 world wars and every other domestic competition is bound to adapt or die. They’ve made it so far. It may not be the old Harley but between bullshit epa regs and what the public asks for it couldn’t stay the same. That damn Street model didn’t stick around though lol.
                  EXACTLY THIS!

People have been tirelessly predicting the demise of Harley-Davidson, regurgitating the same reasons and arguments for it, and talking about how the company is struggling because "boomers", "too expensive", "antiquated technology", "inferior machines", "declining sales" blah blah blah for literally at least a half century now. Even in the stupid years of the mid to late 90's, when you literally couldn't find a HD for sale and the only thing more retarded than consumer demand was the prices that people were willing to pay for them, people were insisting that MoCo was but a few short years away from ceasing to exist, once the fad passed, for all of the same aforementioned reasons.

The company dominates the US market despite really only having a single space within that overall market (Until the last few years anyway), absolutely dominates the market space in which it resides (large displacement cruisers), and while everyone focuses on the decrease in sales and revenue from one year to the next, they overlook that the company consistently generates between $750 million to $1 billion annual revenue.

I'm not being a blatant HD nutrider here, I'm just stating facts. I'm not going to wax poetically on the virtues of Harley-Davidson because 1)there's plenty I could personally criticize MoCo about - nothing is perfect and they're no exception, and 2) I really don't have to...the retail consumer market has spoken on this and rendered its verdict. The big 4 metrics have all tried to compete with Harley in HDs marketspace and they have all failed. Anything those companies have tried to offer as a superior alternative never sold in any numbers, and the few metrics that have sold enough units that they do compete head to head with HD are all basically conceptual clones in that they all pretty much subscribe to and mirror the HD engineering philosophy of air cooled, large displacement v-twins.

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                    • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Cimino289
                    That damn Street model didn’t stick around though lol.
                    In fairness, the primary market for the Street was always intended to be India and the other overseas markets. They already have a stronghold in the US market, and the notion of marketing it as a smaller, more modern, more affordable practical daily commuter with hopes of appealing to the younger US demographic was more secondary....almost an afterthought.

Geopolitical market conditions, and the laws and regulations and tarrifs and whatnot that dictate the terms of international commerce changed quite a bit since the initial planning and production stages of the Street (as those things often do), and HD saw it was a losing proposition to try to tap into that overseas market they were trying to target.

Without enough demand in the N.A. market...bye bye Street. The people I feel for are the ones who own them, because a lot of the stealerships seemed to have a grudge against the model to begin with, and now that they're no longer in production, AND didn't hang around long enough to warrant any aftermarket companies seeing profitability in manufacturing aftermarket parts, I have a feeling that there are going to be some people having a hell of a time trying to keep their bikes running and on the road in the next 8 - 10 years with no one willing to work on them and parts that are all made of unobtanium.

Comment

• docmel
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by WingNut
                      500 and 750 water cooled Harley's with SOA looks right out of the box.
                      http://street.harley-davidson.com/?s...ent&camp_id=16
                      The title is the "The end is near, new water cooled HD:

Hmmmmmmmmmm: Same thing was said when AMF led the way, also when the evo came out, same thing with the twinkies. Same with the Virago, same with the E version models, same with the military based HDs for military service (That the British bought, not what the US mil bought).

Since 2014, the BTs had the option of being water cooled: I have one: Its called a Ultra Classic. I also have a 60FL

HD isn't stupid: They have went thru MANY of what folks called: "Its the end of HD" over the last decades. HD has really been good at basing new models on serious market studies: Some models did well, some models not

People bitched and laughed at HD selling clothes lines. But it worked, and it still does: People said fuck the Pangea. Lets see how that one goes

Ill be the first to say HD is like any other company: They are concerned about making a profit above all else: How in fuck else does any company survive w/o that being the absolute top priority? And maybe second to that, keep evolving to what the current market wants now, not what it was decades ago. Look to the possible future

Folks bitch about the dealers, as I also do: But what do you expect? Its like that almost everywhere since people starting getting free money and the pandemic: The work force for most companies suck as well as the customer service. It goes hand in had: Most folks don't want to work, and its obvious: Just go out to any place where customers are seen face to face

Watch what you ask for: if you feel it's the death of HD, you might get what you ask for....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;