CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default risky purchase? 1974 cb750.

Local motorsports salvage yard had a big clearing out sale. Found the frame engine and rear wheel/sprocket of a 74 CB750. Bought that and a truckload of bars levers and other misc parts for $75. Did I go wrong?

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd buy any qty at that price. I'd part it out unless I was building a matching scoot.

There's several hundred dollars there if you don't mind tearing it down. Carbs are popular if those are still installed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Unfortunately no carbs. I'd like to do something with it. But with parting out I could make some of my money back if it comes to that.

Jetblack

Hell no you did damn good unless cheap cycle shit is all around you, a frame is typically 400 to 500 with a bill of sale and an engine about the same if not more, depending on how clean and complete it is... typically not including the carbs either. Toss up some pics so we can marvel at your new found pile Easier to give valuations, but from what you describe 75 is really good.

Get Adobe Flash player

But with parting out I could make some of my money back if it comes to that.
    Think profit, not "some". Repeat then buy a complete bike. The easy way to assemble a bike economically is trade accumulated Dead Presidents for one that's together and less likely to nickle-and-dime ya to the poor house.

Don't marry what you can pimp!

Want (some) motorcycles? Sell (more) motorcycles (and parts).

Bonus, you get to play with strange then pass it on. That's the not-so-secret to having more toys than you can use.
    Last edited by farmall; 11-02-2013 at 8:25 AM.

Share This