Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spilltheblood
    • Apr 2013

Leather jacket review help

I'm looking for a little help on buying a jacket. Just don't want to buy two or three to find one really worth a shit. I've been looking at Fox Creek stuff and went by there and tried a few on this past weekend while I was out of town. Seemed like top notch quality. I don't mind dropping some cash on something that's gonna last me a long time or until I get too fat to wear it just wanted some input that would help making a decision once.
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

Water Buffalo leather, the only way to roll. far, far superior to cowhide, man it is great. been bumping those for a long time.

Comment

• spilltheblood
      • Apr 2013

Don't know if you're serious or being a smart ass but there is water buffalo leather. If you're being serious which I highly doubt, what brand? And if you're being a smart ass FUCK OFF somewhere else.

Comment

• spidr
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by spilltheblood
        Don't know if you're serious or being a smart ass but there is water buffalo leather. If you're being serious which I highly doubt, what brand? And if you're being a smart ass FUCK OFF somewhere else.
        They came out with this new invention. Think they're calling it google.......I'm sure you'll get lots of help now that your attituude shows and you expect to get spoon fed.

Comment

• spilltheblood
          • Apr 2013

Don't expect to be spoon fed and I have looked all over the place for opinions and reviews. That is what the forum is for to gather info and give info when possible. Its real simple just thought I would ask some of the folks on here .

Comment

• Killswitch505
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by spilltheblood
            Don't expect to be spoon fed and I have looked all over the place for opinions and reviews. That is what the forum is for to gather info and give info when possible. Its real simple just thought I would ask some of the folks on here .

Comment

• choadpanther
              • Aug 2011

Here ya go man. Think you might dig this killer biker leather jacket:

Plenty more to choose from here:

Happy shopping!

Comment

• jsChicago
                • Mar 2013

Horsehide.

Pricey, but it'll outlast your own hide so you'll never have to buy another.

Comment

• Tacitus
                  • Aug 2013

I have been working with leather for a good long time. Use to make saddles and tack. Been riding for just as long and own five motorcycle jackets. So while my opinions are only my opinions and or worth just about what you paid for them, I did not just pull them out of my ass......Per weight Kangaroo leather has no equal for abrasion resistance. There are some Australian manufactures who make them with this leather. Google search them.....Horse hide is a close second for abrasion resistance per weight. It is also has a really nice appearance. My 1952 HD brand Brando style horse hide jacket is my favorite. Over half a century old and still going strong....My Fox Creek is a high quality product and very well made. They use a heavy cowhide so the jacket weighs more than the roo or horse hide......Langlitz Leather Company makes exceptional MC jackets custom made to your dimensions. A Langlitz will last a couple of life times. They offer the option of goat skin which is light supple and tough.......You get what you pay for. Spend now and you will not need to buy again....I know style is a personal thing, Cafe, Brando, Bonneville, etc......Do seriously consider the Brando or MC Cop style. There are functional and practical reasons this style has endured in popularity with riders for so long.

Comment

• scuzzy
                    • Sep 2013

ChoadPanther....

Holy fuck man .

Comment

• McGrizzle
                      • Apr 2024

I looked for an affordable one for the longest time and ended up ordering one. It sucked so I sent it back. Then I bought a cop style one off craigslist. It sucked. I gave it to my brother who it fit better and just went without one for a long time. Then one time on a long trip I was wet and cold as shit so I stopped in a Pilot truck stop for some coffee and saw the cheapo leathers hanging on the rack. $60 and it's the best jacket I've ever had. The brand is "Wild Wear" haha.
                      My issue was finding one that had enough arm length but wasn't fat fuck size in the body. It's just right XXL I'm 6'2" 225lbs.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2013, 3:30 PM.

Comment

• spilltheblood
                        • Apr 2013

Thanks Tacitus.

Comment

• mosten
                          • Aug 2011

I spent way too much time about a year and a half ago deciding on where to get leather. You really have a few options for really decent leather:

Lanolitz - Located in Portland. Cowhide. Limited styles, custom tailored.
                          Schott Brothers - NYC based. Cowhide. Can buy off the rack or custom tailored.
                          Aero Leather - Scotland. No off the rack. custom tailored. Full front quarter horse hide or steer.
                          Vanson - Internet. Off the rack. Super short.

Notice I didn't mention Fox Creek, Harley Davidson, or any of the others. They simply don't compare to the above.

I ended up going with Aero just because for the money, they are the best. Fully tailored made to order, full front quarter horsehide. Weighs about 11 pounds. Talon zippers and double stitching by craftsmen. You're wait time is about 4 months to delivery. Cost about $900.

Comment

• Tutivillus
                            • Oct 2013

I did the search, got a British Motorcycle Gear Montana. Kickass jacket. Great zippers, heavy, good leather, removeable liner and armor.

Sent via alien probe

Comment

• WBGelbke
                              • May 2013

I got a First Gear Ranger I bought twenty-five years ago and have worn the living shit out of it. Rain, sleet, snow, heat, whatever, went through two wrecks, riding to NH Bike Week about five years ago there was record rain going through Stamford sat still in traffic for hours and was soaked to the balls. Found a local laundry mat and threw it in a dryer. For the most part, the zippers & leather look and work pretty much like they did the day I bought it In '88. It was about five bucks. Has a removable lining. I would not sell this jacket...EVER! It's my fuckin' Woobie. There was a later model that has like hard "Bananas" on the elbows. That one is kinda gay. If God forbid anything ever happened to this one, I'd pay almost anything for another one.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;