Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

I'll add two cents here as I've been riding and wearing leather jackets since the late 60s.

1) The best leather jacket to own is one you will actually wear every time you get on your bike, ventalated jackets are much cooler in summer weather, I wish mine was ventilated!
    2) I actually have two old Wilson's Leather bomber style jackets, one from the 70s the other from the 90s. The old one is much heavier and better made, both have concealed carry pockets.
    3) Kangaroo leather is bad ass, my catcher's mitt is made from it and it has to be at least 30 years old. I was a pitching instructor for over 10 years and used it for 2 to 4 hours a day. No wear, it just got more flexable as time went on.
    4) I've had one bad wreck in my life where I went down at 60 mph. I did a tuck and roll and besides the road rash on my legs, the only other damage was one arm of my jacket was eat almost all the way through and both gloves were chewed like rawhide.
    5) Neatsfoot oil and good quality saddlesoap are the bomb for care of leather

Comment

• Hubbard
      • Dec 2010

Blood, I'm not trying to hijack or nothing, but did you put this much thought and research into your scooter before you built it?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;