CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Pics of XS1100 Bobbers!

I don't really see anyone bob out the XS1100. This one is mine, its still in progress.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cue b-word comments: Action!!!

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by dpontherocks View Post
    Cue b-word comments: Action!!!
    Pretty sure most sand has been removed from the vag on the bobber business, the industry is so saturated with it... I think most people it bothered see arguing it as an exercise in futility and just ignore it. I personally just dig bikes, I have never said to myself: Wow what style is that? Sure it's nice to give props to the people responsible for some mods but really is it required? Copy all the mods I make IDGAF I seriously doubt I was first to think of anything, even shit I hadn't ever seen that I've done pops up somewhere else anyways, so why the need to claim credit? Fuck it who cares... ride, mod bikes & have fun.

Get Adobe Flash player

I Just wanted to see what other people have done to their XS1100s for ideas for mine. I don't see to many1100s i always see the 650. This is my first bike, I am very new to this and I used the term "bobber" to describe what I wanted the bike to look like. Outside of the industry when you tell some one you want to chop your bike they think of a huge long OCC style bike and thats not what i wanted people thinking I wanted to build. I just wanted a small striped down bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Pics of XS1100 Bobbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post
    Pretty sure most sand has been removed from the vag on the bobber business, the industry is so saturated with it... I think most people it bothered see arguing it as an exercise in futility and just ignore it. I personally just dig bikes, I have never said to myself: Wow what style is that? Sure it's nice to give props to the people responsible for some mods but really is it required? Copy all the mods I make IDGAF I seriously doubt I was first to think of anything, even shit I hadn't ever seen that I've done pops up somewhere else anyways, so why the need to claim credit? Fuck it who cares... ride, mod bikes & have fun.
    I know and I agree. Was just commenting on how someone always has to chime in about that stupid word. Apparently it looked like I was the one commenting about it. I'm all about do what you want, call it what you want. Sorry for the vague and apparently not entertaining post.

You know how when you're drunk you think you're really funny but you're actually not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by dpontherocks; 10-23-2013 at 8:24 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MehrBear View Post
    I Just wanted to see what other people have done to their XS1100s for ideas for mine. I don't see to many1100s i always see the 650. This is my first bike, I am very new to this and I used the term "bobber" to describe what I wanted the bike to look like. Outside of the industry when you tell some one you want to chop your bike they think of a huge long OCC style bike and thats not what i wanted people thinking I wanted to build. I just wanted a small striped down bike.
    The one I can think of that I've seen on here is a guy that was making an xs1100 trike. I feel like he might have posted it up in the xs650 thread. You could search and find it I'm sure. Other than that, keep posting what you're doing with yours and somebody else will get inspired and post theirs too.

Jetblack

I know and I agree. Was just commenting on how someone always has to chime in about that stupid word. Apparently it looked like I was the one commenting about it. I'm all about do what you want, call it what you want. Sorry for the vague and apparently not entertaining post.

You know how when you're drunk you think you're really funny but you're actually not

Ha nah dude it's all good, since I'm here everyday and read(skim ) 100's of posts, I haven't seen the sandy vag over the B-word in a long time. Honestly the more you focus on something the more you see it, it seems... so outta mind out of sight na mean?

Get Adobe Flash player

The one I can think of that I've seen on here is a guy that was making an xs1100 trike. I feel like he might have posted it up in the xs650 thread. You could search and find it I'm sure. Other than that, keep posting what you're doing with yours and somebody else will get inspired and post theirs too.

Okay cool, I'll check out that thread and keep posting my stuff, Thanks man.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's one that was on ebay a while back

Get Adobe Flash player

pretty cool.

Get Adobe Flash player

Glad to see the 1100's getting some love.
    Heres my trike

Get Adobe Flash player

Thats pretty sick man.

Get Adobe Flash player

I love the look you got going with this bike! I'm about to purchase an 82 xs11 for $250 (running!). I've never chopped a bike but I'm eager to get started. I would like to copy some of what you did. It looks great!. How easy was it to put a kickstart on the xs11 (or is yours a 78/79)? Great work!
    Last edited by Hammytime; 05-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm in the same boat man. Just got me an 81 and I'm pretty excited! I honestly don't know where to start. I guess just get it started huh? Good luck on your build homes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Is there a way to put a magneto on these things???

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nateb1tattooer View Post
    Is there a way to put a magneto on these things???
    I'm putting together a 1980 XS1100 right now and I was wondering the same thing. I know a lot of Yamahas had the same taper on the crank so, if that is the case then I'd guess we could use the typical Banshee rotor or perhaps I'll try my IT465 or YZ490 rotor on there. I think you'd be able to make a mounting bracket for your choice of stators like the ZX-6 ones or equivalent. I better get a puller and see if I can pry that stocker off there and see.
    Cheers to a good question.
    ~Alex

Share This