Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wagz54
    • Apr 2013

6 over on swing arm frame xl

Hey I have 2009 xl and I'm about to order 6 over fork tubes. I have a 19 inch front rim but thinking about switching to the 21 inch. (Possibly an invader style rime) I was wondering if people had pictures of a set up similar to this to help me get ideas
  • Xhane
    • Jan 2011

Here is mine. 6" over front tubes and Burley Slammer shocks in the back with a 21" front wheel.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Wagz54
      • Apr 2013

That looks awesome it keeps the lines of the bike and looks super clean. this is my bike now I'm waiting on the fork tubes and I'll probably get a 21.
      Attached Files

Comment

• TurnerR
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Xhane
        Here is mine. 6" over front tubes and Burley Slammer shocks in the back with a 21" front wheel.
        Where did you get your forks? I'm thinking I'll go with Forking by Frank, but haven't called yet.

Comment

• Xhane
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TurnerR
          Where did you get your forks? I'm thinking I'll go with Forking by Frank, but haven't called yet.
          My Forks are Factory "Blems" from ebay. They are new except for very very light surface scuffs that are hard to see without getting close, but they still list them online for half price.

Comment

• Wagz54
            • Apr 2013

I ordered mine from Frank, they are not in yet.

Comment

• psychokat
              • Aug 2010

This is mine in my avatar. Six over and a 21'', with super narrow trees. I am ordering 10'' over tubes in a few days.... Six isn't long enough!

Comment

• Lazaruscycleworks
                • Aug 2012

Here's my buddy Chris' right after we threw in some 6 overs

His bike is an 06 rubber mount. I think it's got 11.5" shocks in the rear

photo image_zps7dc30e5a.jpg

Comment

• Xhane
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by psychokat
                  This is mine in my avatar. Six over and a 21'', with super narrow trees. I am ordering 10'' over tubes in a few days.... Six isn't long enough!
                  Im loving your bike. mind telling me what size rise is on your handlebars, and did you make them or buy them?

--And for comparison , I recently dropped my 6" over to 4" over, incase anyones interested.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                    • Sep 2013

Nice bike man. Pretty similar to what I'm going for. It would be awesome if you got some pics up with the 10's when they come in. Gonna look good.

Comment

• scuzzy
                      • Sep 2013

Let me know when you do. I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Comment

• psychokat
                        • Aug 2010

the bars were built for me by pangea speed. They are 12'' rise and 17'' wide. I am ordering the tens from Frank after the first when I get paid. Scuzzy you can have them when I get them off. but they each have a scuff in the chrome, I only paid 60bucks for them. The scuffs don't touch the seals, tho. I can't wait for the ten overs. Thx for the compliments, all. I am tearing it down this winter for a mercmoto hardtail... very excited about that!

Comment

• Wagz54
                          • Apr 2013

Got the 6 overs from Frank mounted up. The chrome finish is great and the work in them is amazing. He also sends them with spacers ready to go so it was a pretty painless operation.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• FTWmidwest
                            • Apr 2024

looks good man!

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Wagz54
                              Got the 6 overs from Frank mounted up. The chrome finish is great and the work in them is amazing. He also sends them with spacers ready to go so it was a pretty painless operation.
                              Hey man, could you give me an idea of what's involved with the switch? I am looking to do the same on my 2000

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;