The Greasy Dozen 2014 Get support for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puzpounda
    • Apr 2024

Hi, let me formally introduce myself my name is Paul and I'm a big lurker and quite a Newb. I've got 1 build under my belt and here's the link to my IH build thread (most of the pics are gone I don't know what happened to them)

So here's a pic of the finished product.

Rode it around until I was mowed down at a red light about 6 weeks ago. I didn't even have a 7 months of riding on the new build.

Not to worry my fellow CC members I broke a leg but I'm alive and well and it will take a lot more than that to keep me down. I already started my next 2 wheeled urban assault vehicle and here it is!

What's the plan you ask? SHORT, LOW, LOUD, WIDE and a little off the wall. (sorry skinny tire lovers) So far I've got a offset springer shortened 4" 170 out back and a 140 up front. It will most likely be powered by a cone shovel & 4 speed, but I'm still up in the air about the drivetrain. I'd feel honored to be considered to be in the Greasy Dozen building along with veteran builders.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2013, 5:32 PM.

Comment

• planksta
      • Oct 2013

My Entry

I will join in on this...

My names Zach, Im 19 years old from Lancaster, PA

Heres my project as of now

Its a 1999 Evo 1200 Sportster motor and a newer Paughco frame

My plans are to make it into a sexy evo sporty bobber as narrow and clean as possible!
      -Super narrow springer from the 70's (its a wheel specialties I think)
      -Kick start only using led sleds setup
      -Hunt magneto (I want as little wireing as possible on this baby)
      -Got a brand new 21" invader with a mini spool up front with avon speedmaster (NO BRAKE!)
      -16" Invader in the rear with shinko tire
      -Planning on running a Sprocket Brake setup as the only stopping on the bike

Im trying to make this thing a new bike with an old attitude by taking a nice engine with good power and kind of taking it old school with the kick and magneto, I dont like fancy electronics

This is my first motorcycle build and its taking place in my parents garage so its a bit of a learning curve but with the help of you guys and write ups here on chop cult I think I can make something happen.

Thanks
      -Zach
      Last edited by planksta; 10-19-2013, 5:21 PM.

Comment

• scottyd
        • Mar 2013

Heck yeah i want to play!

This is my daily rider. soon to have a New frame, front end, etc. Im going to go back to split tanks but ill narrow them up.

I just had to do a top end on it so everything is fresh. I need to crack open the trans to sort of some issues but she is a one kick pony.

This is the first bike i have built. its on xs650chopper.com right now. (and is for sale if anyone cares.)

I painted it and I did most of the fab work. Alot of it i had to do in my living room or my front yard.

Im hyped i have something to enter this year, last year i had watch from the sidelines. Good stuff.

Comment

• scottyd
          • Mar 2013

Whoops sorry about the huge sideways photo.. My previous bike i have built is here: http://www.xs650chopper.com/2013/10/...s-first-build/
          Last edited by scottyd; 10-19-2013, 6:04 PM. Reason: Didnt mean to quote previous post.

Comment

• scooney
            • Apr 2013

This is the first bike I have ever attempted building. Here’s how it started, I was screwing around on eBay one day and accidentally won a bid on a pink 1972 Triumph 500. When the bike arrived most of it was in a box covered in rust and grease. I started searching the internet for ideas on how to put this thing back together and discover all the great vendors, bloggers and builders that are out there. Now I am hooked on the whole garage build culture I have the tee shirts to prove it.

Here’s how I have progressed thus far and where I plan on going with my Triumph build.

• I sold the pink flake tins on eBay (thanks to the guy who purchased those) and replaced them with a p-nut gas tank, duck bill rear fender and an aluminum oil tank.
            • After getting the jugs bored and head rebuilt I put the motor together and polished a bunch of the parts that show. I burned up a brand new Harbor Freight dual buffer.
            • The hard tail was replaced with a new bolt on 4’ stretched hard tail from the Factory Metal Works.
            • I am waiting on a 4 under chrome Springer also from the Factory Metal Works.
            • Coker 18’ rear tire on the stock Triumph rim
            • The Springer will hold a Crime scene head light.
            • I have a 21’ rim and Avon speed master going on the front.
            • Tons of parts going out for chrome.
            • The Frame going to powder coat
            • The Tank and fender are getting paint gold leaf and old school pin striping.

The most valuable design lesson in have learned so far is knowing when to say when. If you hang to much jewelry on one of these bikes it starts to look more like a parade float and less like a Bad ass scoot. Wish me luck!

Before PIC

photo Before_zps27011727.jpg

Current PIC's

photo Seat_zpsa9e37562.jpg

photo Buttshot_zpsf4ddbb79.jpg

photo Carbs_zpsf8cb3867.jpg

photo Engine_zps0bed4509.jpg

photo 72-bobber_zpscb820703.jpg
            Last edited by scooney; 10-19-2013, 6:13 PM.

Comment

• Rich68
              • Nov 2011

Greasy Dozen 2014 build

Here is my build. It is a bone stock 1968 Honda cl 350. I found this bike in a garage where it had sat since 1971. A trade was negotiated and the bike is mine. It has 3250 original miles on it. The previous owner bought it new rode it a little and his wife made him park it. Motorcycles are too dangerous she said.
              My plan for this bike is to make a café racer. Low bars, battery eliminator, dished tank, rear set controls. and café seat are a few of the planned mods. The bike runs and rides but needs some work after 42 years sitting.

Started tearing the bike down and doing some mock ups. The clubmans and seat pan look good. The seatpan is half a snowboard I found in the trash. Next step is the seat hump to hide the electrics. The rear sets are in the works as well as new headlight mounts and gas tank.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rich68; 12-29-2013, 9:11 AM. Reason: forgot a few things

Comment

• LivingCanvas
                • Apr 2024

What if I don't have a facebook?

Comment

• Bmillz
                  • Jun 2013

This is my chopper entry.

I found a deal on a 51' pan drive train and scooped it up. A few weeks later found an original wishbone frame that was molded and chopped in the 70's along with an original california cycle works narrow girder.

my plan for the build is simple... alot of molding and chrome and crazy paint. i will be using as many vintage and hand made one off parts as possible.

as of right now i have a rough mocked up roller and a crusty drive train. here is where it sits.

Comment

• vnygra
                    • Aug 2010

72 cl350

No-can-do
                    Last edited by vnygra; 01-30-2014, 8:12 PM. Reason: I suck, too many other projects

Comment

• ItsSlimeTime
                      • Jun 2012

My Chopper Entry

Chopper Entry,

I bought this bike here this summer, 100 inch stroked generator shovel with the old death machine set up, foot clutch jocky shiftin 6 over screamin old gold.

My original plans were to just ride this old bad ass chopper then i decide to give her a face lift this winter,

Plans of rear invader, some skyhi pipes, makin a new his and her seat custom taillight set up, 50's 6 over harley inline springer, gonna do all the paint my self, lots of custom parts to be made,

My goal is to have one hell of a good lookin chopper that gets the piss ridden out of it, wantin to keep this culture alive but now just make some showboat that rides in the back of a pick up everywhere, i wanna ride this pig till the wheels fall off!

Thanks greasy dozen for inspiring people to build some chopskis!!

thanks all, Chris

Comment

• Eloso
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by LivingCanvas
                        What if I don't have a facebook?
                        Last year we had guys join Facebook just to be part of this. As a winner its your responsibility to advocate built not bought culture and show the generous sponsors some love. Its a social world and unfortunately Facebook is a requirement to be part of this. We are using technology to spread our values and culture. -Bear

Comment

• seanvondoom
                          • Oct 2013

Out of curiosity, any plans to update theGreasyDozen.com site to reflect this year?

[EDIT]: I guess it would make sense to wait 'til after sponsors were announced and stuff... duh.
                          Last edited by seanvondoom; 10-22-2013, 6:42 PM.

Comment

• LivingCanvas
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Eloso
                            Last year we had guys join Facebook just to be part of this. As a winner its your responsibility to advocate built not bought culture and show the generous sponsors some love. Its a social world and unfortunately Facebook is a requirement to be part of this. We are using technology to spread our values and culture. -Bear
                            Yeah I get that. But in my case Facebook stole money from my bank account, so it's out of the question for me...

Good luck fellers I'll be one of the many watching!

Comment

• Kwakefield7
                              • Feb 2013

Funky ass evo chop
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kwakefield7; 10-23-2013, 9:44 AM.

Comment

• spidr
                                • Mar 2010

Hell with it.

I'm hoping I'm not too far along.
                                2000 V-star 1100. Everything except the wheels, engine, and the steering neck is being made in house.
                                Custom 22" ish over leafer, custom hardtail frame, exhaust, tooled leather seats, I'm farming out the chrome and paint, and thats it.
                                I like to think that my style is unlike anyone elses, its Far from a cookie cutter, and I'd be honored to be a part of it if I qualify. And of course if I dont just get frustrated and finish it quicker......

Where I'm at right now

And beside me interm beater that I built for under $800.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;