The Greasy Dozen 2014 Get support for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underdogg
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by spidr
    Everythings getting loctited as it goes in this time..........Feels like I've been here a few times already.

Looks awesome man. I've gotta fix a few more things now that I've put some miles on mine and then I'll slap down some paint.

Comment

• spidr
      • Mar 2010

Thanks dude.

I really wanted to ride it before I painted it, but I started bouncing time lines, and it just wasnt going to work. I'm hoping theres nothing major, but we're bringing a chase truck for the trip just in case.

Comment

• 53Bash
        • Jan 2013

So, I took this week off work, both top clear my head / avoid burnout, and put in extra time on the bike. Banged this out yesterday, is the (mostly finished) lower A arm for my Hossack system.

Comment

• spidr
          • Mar 2010

Paint........Polish..........Assembly.........New tire...........And I fucked up the tube. Getting closer though. And the photographer dropped by and this could be cool. Just need to get done fast......

Comment

• 53Bash
            • Jan 2013

Got the main Hossack components mostly done - they still need the rear ends cut to length and rod ends mounted back there, and some additional decorative & functional machnining.

So, I bolted it all up and put it in the stand to get an idea of what it will look like rolling. Pretty damn happy with what I got.

Comment

• spidr
              • Mar 2010

Pic whoring for a moment.........Hours of re-fitting the rear wheel again, paint tolerances are a bitch.........New bearings everywhere, seals, hardware, polish, paint, blahblahblah.........

First time the whore has held herself up in a long time. Getting closer. And we've dubbed her Jezebel.

Comment

• bradhilburn
                • Sep 2011

Associated Builder 1968 Iron head-project on hold-shovel at the moment

So I hope bear is ok with me switching gears on this I was determined to finish up my ironhead but have been given a great opportunity and cant pass it up. That and I have bigger dreams for the ironhead which will take a long time to complete. Anyway I have this shovel in a swing arm frame that is 50 deg at the neck and just crazy, and a good friend of mine who owns a motorcycle shop offered me a santee straight leg for next to nothing and use of his shop to make the change, and powder coating and anything else along the way for me to do this. I started this project today and just wanted to show yall what Ive gotten done so far, and yes I know that isnt the bike I was doing when it started out but its still a cool project....anyway here goes nothing.Click image for larger version

Name:	where it started.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1273974 this is where it started Click image for larger version

Name:	blank used frame.JPG
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1273975 this is the blank used frame i got for itClick image for larger version

Name:	fitted oil bag making my k&q work.JPG
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1273976 this is oil bag fitted and k&Q fitted working towards my sissy barClick image for larger version

Name:	finished sissy bar.JPG
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1273977 this is the finished sissy bar and i didnt take pictures of the rest of the progress i made to night just removing engine and trans to start prepping for cutting of fender and adding my tanks. Ill post more tomorrow.

Comment

• 70schop
                  • Nov 2012

#12, The Yellow Jacket

Almost there. Waiting on a couple of little parts and some tuning and that'll be that. When I first painted the tanks my son said the top of the oil tank looked like a "Yellow Jacket". Last week while working on the bike, a Yellow Jacket landed on the gas cap and just sat there for about an hour. That was it, the name stuck. Got the foam laid down yesterday on the seat pan and am going to start the leather today

Comment

• spidr
                    • Mar 2010

5 days is forever.........so random post of the day.

We're cramming hard today and tonight, tomorrow is the first of a couple of photo shoots. Another on tuesday, and should be another soon.

Words of advice if you're listening. Make friends with models. And photographers. It can be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Comment

• 70schop
                      • Nov 2012

#12, The Yellow Jacket

Seat finished. Gotta clean up 2 small leaks tomorrow and open the carb to check the jetting but its pretty much finished. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday I can get it outside and on the road shake out the cobwebs!

Comment

• spidr
                        • Mar 2010

This should be fun

Comment

• Rich68
                          • Nov 2011

Got my seat just need a battery and some paint.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	phone 005.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	1274846

Comment

• 70schop
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Rich68
                            Got my seat just need a battery and some paint.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]50157[/ATTACH]
                            Personally I like the vintage Honda paint with the white tail section. Bike came out nice.

Comment

• spidr
                              • Mar 2010

Teaser..............

Comment

• 70schop
                                • Nov 2012

#12 The Yellow Jacket is FINISHED!!!

I think I can call this one finished! Took it out yesterday for about half an hour and found a couple little tweaks I needed to make. Took it out again today for a while. Made quite a few starts and stops and haven't found any issues as of yet
                                I wanna thank everyone involved in the GD this year for the opportunity. Just getting back to work after being off with my back surgery so I'm not gonna be able to make the run to Ohio so everyone drink one for me! Until I can get a real photographer and hot model these will have to do!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;