The Greasy Dozen 2014 Get support for your build!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidr
    • Mar 2010

We whipped up a blinker to match the taillight.......Grabbed some textured polycarbonate for a lense foor now(I like how it lights up though), and grabbed the clips to finish out the stacks.

Still trying too decide on exactly what to doo with paint and powdercoat, the local powdercoaters dont want to deal with the coatings I really want, so might have to send the frame and stuff out after all.....

Comment

• ChampCo
      • Feb 2014

The fella's from www.oldschoolspeed.com stopped by the shop today to drop off a custom billet triple tree. The are going to be offering these to the masses. Simply leave them your stem and they will hook you up with one of these bad boys. Sure beats the heck out of stock

Comment

• 53Bash
        • Jan 2013

Did some welding & machining today, the base structure for the steered upright of my Hossack front.

Still have some machining and more welding to do, to attach the top and lower bridge's (which the ball joint pivots bolt to), the axle supports, brake calipers, etc. Welding was done in a jig and is pretty well aligned, but that shit requires real precision.

Comment

• Ato
          • Oct 2010

Damn Bash, I can't wait to see what you do with this.

Comment

• BnC
            • Oct 2011

Gettin alot done... phone is either dead or Im too wrapped up in it to take pics but heres a little update.

Finished shaping the neck and some other areas I trimmed up and painted her up

a bit of molding done on my Frankenstein fender to get it ready for primer and paint

Seat foamed up using some firm but springy dept store yoga mat.

made this little mud flap for the rear fender outta some leather, pretty hidden by the oil tank but I think it looks pretty 80s tuff! Im diggin it.

Tank painted up too using rattle cans only but a 2k clear, LOVE rattle cans!

Not perfect by any means but only Im allowed to be that critical or that close to my bike haha!

I'll try to take more pics but should be able to take a nice roller shot soon!

Comment

• 53Bash
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Ato
              Damn Bash, I can't wait to see what you do with this.
              Thanks. This is a project I've been working on for a bit over 2 years. Lots of time went into planning it in my head and learning how to weld (decently- I had done arc before). Still haven't done much machining, hopefully my design is simple enough to do without fucking it up. It is very fulfilling to finally be hitting the 'something to show for it' stages; once I have all the parts and materials, I may take some time off work to push through to where I have a finished roller. Right now it kills me to only work on it 6 hours a week, but I'm still waiting on sorting out some parts I'd rather not try fabricating myself.

For a basic idea of the results I'm shooting for, there's a piss-poor sketch in my submission post on page three of this thread.
              Last edited by 53Bash; 04-21-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• 70schop
                • Nov 2012

Lookin good Bash

Comment

• 70schop
                  • Nov 2012

Got some more done in the past few days. Got the headlight mounted, got in my Biltwell (Thanks for the sponsorship!) Slimline risers and mounted those up. Made mounts for the engine electronics under the seat. Still waiting on parts from the machine shop so went ahead and stuck the lower end back in so I could get the chain set up and get the fender mounting finished. The sissy bar/fender mount is all stainless just have a lot of sanding and polishing to clean it up after I finish weld.
                   photo 006_zpsf711d6ff.jpg
                   photo 007_zps5e2175e6.jpg
                   photo 009_zps8f9fa2e9.jpg
                   photo 010_zpsb6fd03a3.jpg
                   photo 011_zps7154d545.jpg

Comment

• 61rsss
                    • Feb 2014

Associated Builder Cafe Ninja

So, before storing the bike for the winter, I failed to properly drain all of the water out of the cooling system. The water froze and cracked the head.

I have a spare engine, so I pulled it out and bolted it in, scabbed on some wires and fired it up. The engine came as a spare when I bought my bike and it had been stored for an unknown number of years before I got it. The history is completely unknown. When I drained the oil, there was a little water mixed in with it. Hoping it is the result of long term storage and not a head gasket. The engine also made some uncomfortable noises when I first started it, but the went away after a little while.

I wanted to see what my options were so I tore down the original engine to see what it looked like inside. The head is cracked in three places- no way it can be salvaged. But there doesn't appear to be any other damage- from the freeze. When I pulled the oil pan I found several small bits of aluminum. They were slightly peaned over indicating that they were in there while the engine was running. Turns out they are pieces of piston. The tops of all pistons are in tact, but on the sides, the ridges between the rings are falling off. If I hadn't cracked the head I never would have noticed the disintegrating pistons. So, blessing in disguise? Long story short- on the original engine the head and pistons are crap but the rest of it (including the internals of the head- cams, valves etc) looks fine.

The spare engine seems to be OK but I want to run it a little more. This means that I will have to tune the carbs enough to get it moving down the road, hook up throttle and clutch cables, rear brake, chain/sprockets, gas tank and seat. That should be enough to cruise around my neighborhood.

And if all that checks out, then it's time to cut off the subframe.

Comment

• BnC
                      • Oct 2011

Motor reassembled, gonna throw it in the frame for good this weekend.

Comment

• Dieselchanic
                        • Aug 2011

I received some parts in the mail today.

I installed the hardware of the Pamco E-Advancer and shot a little ether, it fired right up. Now I just need to wire in the electric part of it so it will actually advance. I found a wiring diagram for that, I'll post it up in case anyone else needs it.

This is great news because the po told me it had a blown head gasket, but after finding the mech advance broken I suspected that was the only problem. Now I know that to be the truth.

Comment

• FatKat
                          • Aug 2010

been a while since I could work on my ironhead, low on funds , but I just finished up my bro's 79 so I can get back on mine now

Comment

• Dieselchanic
                            • Aug 2011

I mounted the tank today.

Comment

• Dieselchanic
                              • Aug 2011

Here's a video of the first start. It's a little lengthy so consider yourself warned...

After that I plugged the two vacuum ports on the carbs, something I forgot to do for the first start, and it ran way better. It will most likely need cleaning and rejetting of the carbs but at least it runs.

Comment

• Greasercustoms
                                • Aug 2013

So it's been awhile since I posted any updates here.

Getting the seat laid out:

Working on getting my clubmans built.

Got the sheet metal laid out for the seat

Fender struts cut off

Tank, side covers and seat are ready for some paint and clear coat.

Paint and clear coat will get laid this weekend. Some more pics coming soon

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;