Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daroberts3
    • Dec 2012

Just shipped a harness to Matt0823 in Ontario. Hope you like it!

Comment

• brownthumb
      • May 2012

Hey, I have a 2012 sportster... I am currently cutting it up and slimming down the harness as much as i can... I am familiar with carb'd bikes without any sensors... but not with efi and the new shit...

I am looking to run efi- (I already have a tuner from Fuel Moto installed) - headlight - tail - starter...

Everything else i am looking to get rid of... can you advise if you could make either a harness, or a 'patch' to help me get rid of the rest of the crap in there?

Can email me at [email protected]...

Cheers

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

Yes! Very interested. email sent......

Comment

• 52blakew
          • Oct 2013

Having trouble viewing your thread, want to contact you concerning wiring harness for 85 fxwg, my e-mail is [email protected]/ cell 1-303-550-5241

Comment

• daroberts3
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 52blakew
            Having trouble viewing your thread, want to contact you concerning wiring harness for 85 fxwg, my e-mail is [email protected]/ cell 1-303-550-5241
            email sent.

Comment

• BenDeLano
              • Aug 2013

Evo sportster wiring harness

Originally posted by nina78
              Sportster bare bones wiring harnesses and other electrical trickery products for late model H-D's.
              I'd love to get one of these, my email is [email protected] send me a message. It's my first bike and I have a few questions.

Comment

• daroberts3
                • Dec 2012

email sent.

Comment

• daroberts3
                  • Dec 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	088.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	1272593
                  Now that pictures are working again for me. This is a harness I made for Matt in Ontario CA. Sourced a new conduit that is very flexible, cloth like feel and heat resistant. All wire ends flagged for their connection point.
                  Last edited by BrokenSprocketGarage; 05-07-2014, 5:36 PM.

Comment

• kikiboi
                    • Apr 2012

pm sent.

Comment

• daroberts3
                      • Dec 2012

I have been getting a lot of questions about what can be done to rewire your bike and how much it will cost.
                      I can easily do a harness for any Softail, FXR/Dyna, Carb'd FLH, and EVO XL's. Even your custom builds. The more complicated your particular needs are, the more time and materials it will require, and therefore, I must charge more.
                      EFI sportsters are time consuming and cost more than a Softail with points, headlight and taillight.
                      For the EFI sportsters I am offering a modification service of your existing harness only, at a starting price 0f $500.

I pride myself on customer service and technical assistance with your install. Just the other night I was answering text message questions at 9:30.
                      I also offer great discounts on other electrical components when you purchase a harness from me. For example, a Daytona Twin Tec single fire ignition kit, regularly retails for $399. When you buy a harness from me you pay only $300!

Comment

• sixthirtytwo
                        • Mar 2010

After removing my seat and tank I knew I was in over my head with the wiring. Luckily, I saw this write up and hit Broken Sprocket up for more details on his wiring harnesses. Now after installing my custom harness, I can say David offers an an amazing service. Installed a Broken Sprocket wiring harness with ease on my 95' Evo Sportster. David listened to exactly what I wanted and made an easy to install harness with personalized hand written instructions. He gave me an estimated time of arrival and stuck to it. He also answered any questions I had during the build process of the harness. Answered his phone every time I called or called me back directly if he was unavailable to answer. He uses quality wiring, connections, and circuit breakers. I have no doubt that the harness will hold up to whatever I throw at it. I started installing my harness at about 9:30pm and had questions right off the rip. One text to David and I had a helpful reply within a few minutes with no fuss about the time of night my ignorant ass was bothering him. Very cool! He supplied more than enough material to get me through the job with enough extra in case I made a few mistakes. Thankfully, I had no issues due to his precise instructions. Also, I do not have a credit card. I'd be one poor son of a bitch if I did. Luckily, David was cool enough to take a cashiers check which was incredibly helpful. I needed to get a brake light switch that threaded directly into my caliper which run about $12.00 and David threw one in free of charge so I wouldn't have to send him out another cashiers check. I appreciate anyone that can forget about making a buck or two just to help someone out. Awesome of him and I will not forget that! I'd recommend Broken Sprocket to any of my friends knowing he did such a kick ass job on my harness. If I'm ever in his area I'll definitely stop by his shop to offer him a high five! Best money I spent so far of my build. THANK YOU DAVID! You're a rad dude who offers a quality service! Please keep it up.
                        Last edited by sixthirtytwo; 05-25-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• daroberts3
                          • Dec 2012

Sixthirtytwo; thank you!
                          I'm not just offering the harness people, you get the expertise and follow up assistance you need to get the job done. And a freebie or two!

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Nice harness.

So many people fuck up and don't sort out their wiring properly, and stock harnesses are designed for assembly line convenience.

I suggest a page with a variety of harness pics including a few draped on recipient bikes prior to install. Harnesses are a product some consumers have trouble picturing in place.

By the time someone gets the parts to do a full harness then measures and builds the thing, they can have a LOT more hours and money in it that it might appear. A shitty harness with too-light gage wire and poor construction is bad news.

Your prices are quite reasonable. Maybe do a tech article on installing one of your more complex harnesses with lots of pics. Customers are visual learners.

Light gage welding cable makes superb battery cables due to tough insulation and many fine strands for flexibility, and the lug holes are easily enlarged where desired using a Unibit step bit. If you have a beast to crank over they'll pass the amps.

Comment

• daroberts3
                              • Dec 2012

Thanks Farmall. You are right, I need more pictures here.
                              I can custom make battery cables using either the mentioned welding cable or cloth coated wire. I like to make them with the auxiliary wire to feed the main circuit breaker. I crimp, solder and heat shrink all battery lugs. Aux. wire is 10ga. One reason I do this is that it allows a single heavy terminal to be bolted to the battery post. Over the years I have seen many battery post meltdowns due to loose battery connections/stacked terminals at battery positive post.

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1272965
                              Last edited by BrokenSprocketGarage; 05-31-2014, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• daroberts3
                                • Dec 2012

Here is a rewire I did in my shop, Broken Sprocket Garage. Click image for larger version

Name:	071.JPG
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1272992 First picture is a box of all the old wiring I removed.

Name:	068.JPG
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1272993 Second picture shows finish install. All wiring ran through the backbone of the Chopperguys frame. This is a custom built chopper circa 2000. Added turn signals and Badlands auto-cancellor/load equalizer. Bike also has 4 relays, air suspension pump, Daytona Twin Tec ignition. In other words, a lot of wires to cram into the under seat area.Click image for larger version

Name:	069.JPG
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1272994.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;