Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nina78
    • Jan 2013

Broken Sprocket Garage

Sportster bare bones wiring harnesses and other electrical trickery products for late model H-D's.
    1 Star = Shit
    0%
    2 Stars = Buyer Beware
    0%
    3 Stars = Average
    0%
    4 Stars = Good
    0%
    5 Stars = Exceptional
    100.00%
  • daroberts3
    • Dec 2012

Custom Sportster and late model EVO wiring harnesses. All high quality wire throughout, all terminals are crimped, soldered and heat shrunk. You choice of plastic coated or cloth coated wiring. All wire ends are flagged and labeled for easy installation.
    On my Sporster harnesses, for those with OEM nosecone ignition, I have installed the correct deutsch plug. Just plug it in, done. Took care of the Bank Angle Sensor wire too!
    I can make your harness for points, Daytona Twin TEc, Dyna, Crane whatever you want. Handmade battery cables with auxiliary wire. Off/run/start switches allow you to eliminate stock handlebar switch housings. Lots of options available. I offer full technical support with all my harnesses.
    Attached Files

Comment

• daroberts3
      • Dec 2012

Here is an off/run/start switch with the correct terminal to plug directly into your starter solenoid. Extra eye terminals and shrink tubing for the other connections to the ignition switch.
      14ga wire in heavy vinyl conduit.
      Now you can eliminate the starter relay on your EVO or Sportster. This switch is rated at 30amps. I also sell mounting tabs for this switch. Harness in picture is 40" long, but I can make it any length or color you want. Cloth braided wire also available.
      Attached Files

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

Broken Sprocket Garage is an independent motorcycle repair shop in East Aurora, NY. Owned and operated by me, David Roberts since 2010. A real one man show, and family operated business. I have earned my living as a mechanic since 2001. NY State licensed repair and inspection station, HD and Ducati Factory trained tech, also ASE certified Truck Technician.
        Custom made wire harnesses for XL and Evo HD's.

Comment

• MenaceKustoms
          • Jun 2012

So, I have an 06 Sportster. I want a bare bones harness, but keep the bank angle sensor. What does that look like cost wise? The work looks solid.

Comment

• daroberts3
            • Dec 2012

PM sent!

Comment

• cardinalgrayheart105
              • Aug 2012

want to keep voes and bank angle sensor.. how much?

Comment

• daroberts3
                • Dec 2012

Prices vary a little because of type of wire (cloth or regular), switches needed, fuses or circuit breakers, etc. Starting somewhere around $200, and I need a core harness. I do a lot of wiring repairs in my shop, and I use some of the parts within the stock harness.
                I also have great pricing on the other associated parts, like Ignition systems, charging system components, battery cables, hydraulic brake switches and others.
                I can also make custom harnesses for EVO Big Twin H-D's.

Comment

• Ato
                  • Oct 2010

Dave's a real stand up guy. I got my overdue NYS inspection done on the spot last time I was there and would trust his work on my bike if I was still in the area.

Comment

• daroberts3
                    • Dec 2012

Thanks ATO! Stop in next time you are in town.

Comment

• hankhill
                      • Mar 2013

So just got my harness for my 2000 sporty. Even before I ordered dude was the nicest, walking me through what I needed and not calling me a dumbass. Package was sent super fast, communication is awesome. Looking at the harness, everything is labeled perfectly, neat and done right all connections solid. Also dude HAND WROTE like ten pages of how to install and drew a diagram. +1000 to Dave, for the price it's so worth it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• daroberts3
                        • Dec 2012

I can make a harness for Evo Big Twins as well.
                        Cloth or vinyl coated wires.
                        Tech support FREE with purchase !

Comment

• cardinalgrayheart105
                          • Aug 2012

Any photos of the sportster harness installed?

Comment

• daroberts3
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by cardinalgrayheart105
                            Any photos of the sportster harness installed?
                            Maybe hankhill has some pictures?

I can make the harness in the colors of your choice or use all HD MoCo colors (with correct tracer stripes). Cloth or vinyl wires. With heavy black vinyl jacket or naked.
                            The final installed look really relies on the installer. I include black zip ties, but you could use safety wire or copper wire, maybe spring clamps or some BX style metal conduit. Think out of the box.
                            I personally believe that wiring a custom bike should not be an afterthought just to make it run. It should be part of the build and creative problem solving associated with a custom vintage build.
                            It's high time that builders elevate their wiring to the level of their fabrication. And that is what I try to do when I build these harnesses.

Comment

• daroberts3
                              • Dec 2012

Here is a rewire job I did over the winter. By no means was it a bare bones wiring job. This special construction was built in early 2000's, not by me. It has all turns, with a new self cancelling, load equalizing, Badlands module. Air suspension relay/pump. Starter relay. Ignition relay. Dakota Digital gauge controller. Hand made battery cables. Daytona Twin Tec ignition. Most of the wiring was run inside the frame tubes. I replaced or removed a whole box full of wiring, modules, security sirens etc. Much tidier and more durable.
                              Damn, can't upload photos anymore?!
                              Last edited by BrokenSprocketGarage; 04-15-2014, 7:55 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;