Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrassEVO
    • Nov 2021

Super E tune?

So I've trying to tune my Super E on my Darwin Model 1 bobber and I think I've got it set about right. What makes me think this is it doesn't take much of a clockwise/counterclockwise twist of the fuel adjustment screw before the motor starts 'stumbling'. I gradually reduced the idle to where its fairly smooth and probably (guessing) around 1k or so. Is this right? Before I could twist the air/fuel screw much further in either direction before it would 'stumble'. In addition before today's adjust it would reek of gas now it much less.
  • confab
    • May 2019

1) That sounds pretty good, but there's more to turning a carb than the idle mixture adjustment.

2) One of the best tuning guides available for the E is from S&S, themselves.

It is included in the instructions for their Pan and Shovel engines, so you can download it there. It is available with the carb downloads, and there is a youtube video series from them with a walk through.

Both are really good and worth your time..

Comment

• BrassEVO
      • Nov 2021

Put a S&S high-flow air filter kit on it. Immediately noticeable power increase. (see pic).
      Attached Files

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

You dont need fancy air filters, or fancy additions: All you need is what SS gave you: Before you start turning screws, etc, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS: CONFAB has it right

I have had countless Es brought to me because of tuning issues and 99% of the time it is because they didn't read the tuning instructions. That causes allot of folks to change the jets, etc, and this just causes chasing the tail

Es come almost come tuned out the box, but follow the instructions. Sound's like your accel pump is out of adjustment or a float adjustment issue

Instructions can be found on the SS website, and SS has some really good you tube vids

SS Es are super easy to tune

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;