Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Over the years I have seen many battery post meltdowns due to loose battery connections/stacked terminals at battery positive post.
    Excellent fix for a common problem which manifests often when using electric starters.

Comment

• TKPbikey
      • Jul 2014

Hey David, I just had my 99 xl hard tailed and am very interested in this service since I have a black thumb for wiring. If you could contact me at [email protected] I would appreciate it.

Comment

• daroberts3
        • Dec 2012

Email sent.

Also close to having a Builder's wiring kit ready for sale. Will include all the necessary, high quality wiring components to make your own harness. Also going to have the options to add ignition systems, hand made battery cables, wire color and material choices, switches, headlights, taillights etc....
        Target price will be under $200.

Comment

• daroberts3
          • Dec 2012

BSG is finally on Facebook

Comment

• daroberts3
            • Dec 2012

Here it is, the prototype Wire Harness Builder's Kit from Broken Sprocket Garage.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	1276023Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	1276024Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	1276025
            Kit will include:
            - 80' of 18ga wire, that's 10' of 8 different colors. Your choice of colors, dozens to choose from and I can match them to OEM colors/tracers
            - 60' of high quality vinyl conduit in three sizes, 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2"
            - 2' of shrink tubing, 1' of 3/16", and 1' of 1/4"
            - 12 eye terminals #10
            - 4 eye terminals 1/4"
            - 4 eye terminals 5/16"
            - headlight on/off/on toggle switch with rubber switch boot nut
            - off/run/start ignition switch, works just like your car ignition. Rated at 20A so you can eliminate a starter relay! 2 keys included. The one in the picture is a SUPER HEAVY DUTY (30A) option with four stud terminals. It is the best one I have found yet, but it is big. So I also offer a smaller high
            quality version with three screw terminals.
            - handmade battery cable with auxiliary power wire. 4ga welding grade cable, high wire count, very flexible. Terminal is crimped, soldered and heat shrunk on the battery end. Then you cut it to length and
            crimp, solder,heat shrink. This eliminates loose battery post bolts caused by stacking multiple terminals on the battery positive post.
            - 3 automatic resetting circuit breakers, one 30A main, and two 15A for lights and ignition, nuts included.
            - two OEM style black flag terminals, for your OEM rear brake light switch
            - 1' of solder

Retail price will be $190 plus shipping.
            Please, if you have constructive criticism or suggestions, speak up. Anything you would like to see added, subtracted or substituted?

Comment

• daroberts3
              • Dec 2012

I can do an upgrade to the wire Harness builder's Kit with cloth covered wires in dozens of colors, patterns and gauges

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	1276036Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	1276037

And a picture of the high quality vinyl conduit used on my basic Harness Builder's kitClick image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	1276038

email: [email protected]

Comment

• TKPbikey
                • Jul 2014

I am in the process of having a harness built for me by Dave. If his product is as good as his customer service then I will be set. He has always been quick to always respond to my questions and requests, and has kept me updated. Something that is rare for many of the small shops, yet a one-man show does it no problem.

Comment

• Sporty12
                  • Aug 2014

I was just reading through this thread and wanted to ad my .02, Dave is a awesome guy. I haven't purchased his product yet however just in my experience of inquiring into his product he was extremely friendly and more than willing to answer my stupid questions. from what I have seen his products look great and based on my pre-purchase experience I WILL definitely be Using him for the final rewire of my 96 sporty. Thanks for being an great guy Dave!

Comment

• TKPbikey
                    • Jul 2014

Received my harness from Dave the other day and immediately upon opening it I was impressed with the neatness, packaging, and construction of the harness. I normally avoid wiring like the plague, and the stock harness definitely doesn't help that, but with Dave's diagram, several pages of instructions, and his phone number I am more than ready to dive in. He also included a bag of stickers and other assorted swag. I removed 95% of the stock harness tonight after work, and will probably start the install with pictures tomorrow or Thursday. Overall my first impressions were of a quality handmade product with excellent customer/technical support behind it.

Comment

• Medic40
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by daroberts3
                      I can make a harness for Evo Big Twins as well.
                      Cloth or vinyl coated wires.
                      Tech support FREE with purchase !
                      I tore down my 92-94 Evo based chop. I need a wire harness set up can you PM me a cost. I tore the bike down to the bones already for a complete rebuild. I have a air ride system that ran off the old RUN switch. Is that an issue do you need a pic or anything like that. Let me know
                      Have a good one
                      Medic40
                      [email protected]

Comment

• daroberts3
                        • Dec 2012

Medic40, I sent you a pm and an email.
                        Costs will vary depending on the specific needs and wants of the owner/builder. Depending on what key switch, headlight switch, wire type, conduit type, and so on.
                        I also offer great discounts on Daytona twin tec ignitions, banjo bolt brake light switches, turn signals, Ballistic batteries, and homemade battery cables to your specified length.
                        My customer service and technical support for my harnesses is second to none! Many times I have answered customers messages and calls during my off hours. All harnesses come with hand drawn wiring diagrams and installation instructions.

Comment

• TKPbikey
                          • Jul 2014

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	1277138

So Id completely forgotten that I was supposed to put pics up of the harness after install, so here we go, thats the best shot that shows how much the wiring was cleaned up after my hardtail conversion. Before I had the stock harness with the fusebox and several modules just hanging off the side. Nothing is hidden, it's just so slimmed down that it's barely noticeable. i have 3 circuit breakers underneath my seat but everything else is exposed. Dave was very helpful and after some quick troubleshooting (I had ign mod ground and VOES gnd wires connected like a dummy) the bike fired right up. Not only did I learn alot about Sportster wiring by doing this but my bikes electrical will be easy to troubleshoot in the future due to the clean and slim harness.

Comment

• TKPbikey
                            • Jul 2014

Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	1277139Click image for larger version

Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	1277140

Comment

• jricharc
                              • Mar 2014

I am interested in getting a price on a fairly bare bones wiring harness. I have a '94 Sportster and I am looking to run an on/off switch with starter button along with Headlight/Taillight. I also want to add a speedo with the neutral indigcator and oil pressure light built in.

Comment

• daroberts3
                                • Dec 2012

PM sent!

For anyone interested, I am running a special on Daytone Twin Tec Single Fire Ignition kits. $325 plus shipping.
                                Includes nosecone ignition module for Big Twin or EVO. High output single fire coil. Spark plug wire kit. All installation hardware, terminals and instructions. THE BEST IGNITION ON THE MARKET!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...