0 0%
  • 3 Stars = Average

0 0%
  • 4 Stars = Good

0 0%
  • 5 Stars = Exceptional

12 100.00%
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Evo sportster wiring harness

Quote Originally Posted by nina78 View Post
    Sportster bare bones wiring harnesses and other electrical trickery products for late model H-D's.
    I'd love to get one of these, my email is delano.benjamin@gmail.com send me a message. It's my first bike and I have a few questions.

Get Adobe Flash player

email sent.

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	088.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	47961
    Now that pictures are working again for me. This is a harness I made for Matt in Ontario CA. Sourced a new conduit that is very flexible, cloth like feel and heat resistant. All wire ends flagged for their connection point.
    Last edited by daroberts3; 05-07-2014 at 5:36 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

pm sent.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have been getting a lot of questions about what can be done to rewire your bike and how much it will cost.
    I can easily do a harness for any Softail, FXR/Dyna, Carb'd FLH, and EVO XL's. Even your custom builds. The more complicated your particular needs are, the more time and materials it will require, and therefore, I must charge more.
    EFI sportsters are time consuming and cost more than a Softail with points, headlight and taillight.
    For the EFI sportsters I am offering a modification service of your existing harness only, at a starting price 0f $500.

I pride myself on customer service and technical assistance with your install. Just the other night I was answering text message questions at 9:30.
    I also offer great discounts on other electrical components when you purchase a harness from me. For example, a Daytona Twin Tec single fire ignition kit, regularly retails for $399. When you buy a harness from me you pay only $300!

Get Adobe Flash player

After removing my seat and tank I knew I was in over my head with the wiring. Luckily, I saw this write up and hit Broken Sprocket up for more details on his wiring harnesses. Now after installing my custom harness, I can say David offers an an amazing service. Installed a Broken Sprocket wiring harness with ease on my 95' Evo Sportster. David listened to exactly what I wanted and made an easy to install harness with personalized hand written instructions. He gave me an estimated time of arrival and stuck to it. He also answered any questions I had during the build process of the harness. Answered his phone every time I called or called me back directly if he was unavailable to answer. He uses quality wiring, connections, and circuit breakers. I have no doubt that the harness will hold up to whatever I throw at it. I started installing my harness at about 9:30pm and had questions right off the rip. One text to David and I had a helpful reply within a few minutes with no fuss about the time of night my ignorant ass was bothering him. Very cool! He supplied more than enough material to get me through the job with enough extra in case I made a few mistakes. Thankfully, I had no issues due to his precise instructions. Also, I do not have a credit card. I'd be one poor son of a bitch if I did. Luckily, David was cool enough to take a cashiers check which was incredibly helpful. I needed to get a brake light switch that threaded directly into my caliper which run about $12.00 and David threw one in free of charge so I wouldn't have to send him out another cashiers check. I appreciate anyone that can forget about making a buck or two just to help someone out. Awesome of him and I will not forget that! I'd recommend Broken Sprocket to any of my friends knowing he did such a kick ass job on my harness. If I'm ever in his area I'll definitely stop by his shop to offer him a high five! Best money I spent so far of my build. THANK YOU DAVID! You're a rad dude who offers a quality service! Please keep it up.
    Last edited by sixthirtytwo; 05-25-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sixthirtytwo; thank you!
    I'm not just offering the harness people, you get the expertise and follow up assistance you need to get the job done. And a freebie or two!

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice harness.

So many people fuck up and don't sort out their wiring properly, and stock harnesses are designed for assembly line convenience.

I suggest a page with a variety of harness pics including a few draped on recipient bikes prior to install. Harnesses are a product some consumers have trouble picturing in place.

By the time someone gets the parts to do a full harness then measures and builds the thing, they can have a LOT more hours and money in it that it might appear. A shitty harness with too-light gage wire and poor construction is bad news.

Your prices are quite reasonable. Maybe do a tech article on installing one of your more complex harnesses with lots of pics. Customers are visual learners.

Light gage welding cable makes superb battery cables due to tough insulation and many fine strands for flexibility, and the lug holes are easily enlarged where desired using a Unibit step bit. If you have a beast to crank over they'll pass the amps.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Farmall. You are right, I need more pictures here.
    I can custom make battery cables using either the mentioned welding cable or cloth coated wire. I like to make them with the auxiliary wire to feed the main circuit breaker. I crimp, solder and heat shrink all battery lugs. Aux. wire is 10ga. One reason I do this is that it allows a single heavy terminal to be bolted to the battery post. Over the years I have seen many battery post meltdowns due to loose battery connections/stacked terminals at battery positive post.

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	48514
    Last edited by daroberts3; 05-31-2014 at 5:17 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here is a rewire I did in my shop, Broken Sprocket Garage. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	071.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	48559 First picture is a box of all the old wiring I removed.

Name:	068.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	48560 Second picture shows finish install. All wiring ran through the backbone of the Chopperguys frame. This is a custom built chopper circa 2000. Added turn signals and Badlands auto-cancellor/load equalizer. Bike also has 4 relays, air suspension pump, Daytona Twin Tec ignition. In other words, a lot of wires to cram into the under seat area.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	48561.

Get Adobe Flash player

Over the years I have seen many battery post meltdowns due to loose battery connections/stacked terminals at battery positive post.
    Excellent fix for a common problem which manifests often when using electric starters.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey David, I just had my 99 xl hard tailed and am very interested in this service since I have a black thumb for wiring. If you could contact me at tkpinney@aol.com I would appreciate it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Email sent.

Also close to having a Builder's wiring kit ready for sale. Will include all the necessary, high quality wiring components to make your own harness. Also going to have the options to add ignition systems, hand made battery cables, wire color and material choices, switches, headlights, taillights etc....
    Target price will be under $200.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Here it is, the prototype Wire Harness Builder's Kit from Broken Sprocket Garage.

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	51762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	51763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	51764
    Kit will include:
    - 80' of 18ga wire, that's 10' of 8 different colors. Your choice of colors, dozens to choose from and I can match them to OEM colors/tracers
    - 60' of high quality vinyl conduit in three sizes, 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2"
    - 2' of shrink tubing, 1' of 3/16", and 1' of 1/4"
    - 12 eye terminals #10
    - 4 eye terminals 1/4"
    - 4 eye terminals 5/16"
    - headlight on/off/on toggle switch with rubber switch boot nut
    - off/run/start ignition switch, works just like your car ignition. Rated at 20A so you can eliminate a starter relay! 2 keys included. The one in the picture is a SUPER HEAVY DUTY (30A) option with four stud terminals. It is the best one I have found yet, but it is big. So I also offer a smaller high
    quality version with three screw terminals.
    - handmade battery cable with auxiliary power wire. 4ga welding grade cable, high wire count, very flexible. Terminal is crimped, soldered and heat shrunk on the battery end. Then you cut it to length and
    crimp, solder,heat shrink. This eliminates loose battery post bolts caused by stacking multiple terminals on the battery positive post.
    - 3 automatic resetting circuit breakers, one 30A main, and two 15A for lights and ignition, nuts included.
    - two OEM style black flag terminals, for your OEM rear brake light switch
    - 1' of solder

Retail price will be $190 plus shipping.
    Please, if you have constructive criticism or suggestions, speak up. Anything you would like to see added, subtracted or substituted?

Get Adobe Flash player

I can do an upgrade to the wire Harness builder's Kit with cloth covered wires in dozens of colors, patterns and gauges

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	311.9 KB 
ID:	51785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	51786

And a picture of the high quality vinyl conduit used on my basic Harness Builder's kitClick image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	51787

email: brokensprocketgarage@gmail.com

Get Adobe Flash player

I am in the process of having a harness built for me by Dave. If his product is as good as his customer service then I will be set. He has always been quick to always respond to my questions and requests, and has kept me updated. Something that is rare for many of the small shops, yet a one-man show does it no problem.

Get Adobe Flash player

I was just reading through this thread and wanted to ad my .02, Dave is a awesome guy. I haven't purchased his product yet however just in my experience of inquiring into his product he was extremely friendly and more than willing to answer my stupid questions. from what I have seen his products look great and based on my pre-purchase experience I WILL definitely be Using him for the final rewire of my 96 sporty. Thanks for being an great guy Dave!

Get Adobe Flash player

Received my harness from Dave the other day and immediately upon opening it I was impressed with the neatness, packaging, and construction of the harness. I normally avoid wiring like the plague, and the stock harness definitely doesn't help that, but with Dave's diagram, several pages of instructions, and his phone number I am more than ready to dive in. He also included a bag of stickers and other assorted swag. I removed 95% of the stock harness tonight after work, and will probably start the install with pictures tomorrow or Thursday. Overall my first impressions were of a quality handmade product with excellent customer/technical support behind it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by daroberts3 View Post
    I can make a harness for Evo Big Twins as well.
    Cloth or vinyl coated wires.
    Tech support FREE with purchase !
    I tore down my 92-94 Evo based chop. I need a wire harness set up can you PM me a cost. I tore the bike down to the bones already for a complete rebuild. I have a air ride system that ran off the old RUN switch. Is that an issue do you need a pic or anything like that. Let me know
    Have a good one
    Medic40
    awb1019@gmail.com

Share This